Ex-Five Finger Death Punch Drummer Wants $25,000 for Tour Set

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I'd be curious what it actually sold for (and why).
I’m pretty sure I know why. Spencer’s new band “Psychosexual” is as horrendously bad as you can imagine a band with that name being. Yet, the bank still wants its mortgage payment on the first of every month.

Let me know if you think I’m overstating how horrible this is:

nmosko

Reaction score
FFDP at Carolina Rebellion 2018 was one of the greatest concerts I’ve ever been to. Such a hyped up crowd that this 260 lbs fat boy crowd surfed.

and then after about 30 seconds some guy yelled “drop that fat m*****f*****!” And that was that.

markrocks68

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I know why. Spencer’s new band “Psychosexual” is as horrendously bad as you can imagine a band with that name being. Yet, the bank still wants its mortgage payment on the first of every month.

Nope your spot on. Garbage not music.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
FFDP at Carolina Rebellion 2018 was one of the greatest concerts I’ve ever been to. Such a hyped up crowd that this 260 lbs fat boy crowd surfed.

and then after about 30 seconds some guy yelled “drop that fat m*****f*****!” And that was that.
Nmosko... I was there, sort of. I mean I was at Carolina Rebellion, but because I'm not a 5FDP, I rode the ferris wheel during their set... I could hear the part where they invite children up on stage to scream "Burn MFer Burn" -- which I found charming.

I did see 5FDP up close and personal at CR 12 (I think it was). I'd only heard Bad Company at that time, and I was impressed with their set, including a lengthy Spencer drum solo.

Trivium was great that day!

nmosko

Reaction score
Nmosko... I was there, sort of. I mean I was at Carolina Rebellion, but because I'm not a 5FDP, I rode the ferris wheel during their set... I could hear the part where they invite children up on stage to scream "Burn MFer Burn" -- which I found charming.

I did see 5FDP up close and personal at CR 12 (I think it was). I'd only heard Bad Company at that time, and I was impressed with their set, including a lengthy Spencer drum solo.

Trivium was great that day!
never saw Trivium but was hoping to see them in October with lamb of god and megadeth, which I’m sure will get canned.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

That is really, really bad...

nmosko

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s hurting for the mortgage. He was one of two founders of FFDP. So you know when he left he still kept a stake. Probably 5% of merch sales. 5% of live shows gross. 2% each time they play a live song he co-wrote. Etc.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I meant why someone bought it...

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I meant why someone bought it...
7 years ago, a 16 kid named Kyle got his drivers license and drove around with Burn M'fer Burn blasting on repeat, blowing out the speakers on his mom's old Toyota Corolla. That was his jam. You don't mess with Kyle while he's blasting his rage rock. Kyle is all grown up now with a sick job that pays him $20 an hour, which will allow him to pay this kit off in about 5 years if he gets a roommate. A deal like this only comes around once in a lifetime.

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the band or its music, what little I know of it...but I don't hate his kit. Sure, it's over the top, but for that genre, showmanship, image, etc., it's in context and appropriate. Clearly not a be-bop kit, which wouldn't be the right tool for the job.

Interesting attention to detail, I might add.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Yeah, so...someone had to do it.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
What do you guys know about this custom drum company? Rat Rod Drums...I could barely find any info on it. This YouTube video is the most recent thing I could find. He only talks about the drums they make for a very brief moment.
His claim to fame is supposed to be shells that are made of locally sourced Bamboo. Strictly a custom shop but I believe they are trying to get into retail sales. (I guess kind of like what Pork Pie did). Supposedly the bamboo is a nice sound. I guess it's a niche! Personally I think that names gotta go: "Rat Rod". I don't think these start up companies ever give a thought to the importance of the name in order to attract new business and for them to make a name for themselves. That's another topic for Business 101 though. If you Google them, their are a few articles circulating that talk about them.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
His claim to fame is supposed to be shells that are made of locally sourced Bamboo. Strictly a custom shop but I believe they are trying to get into retail sales. (I guess kind of like what Pork Pie did). Supposedly the bamboo is a nice sound. I guess it's a niche! Personally I think that names gotta go: "Rat Rod". I don't think these start up companies ever give a thought to the importance of the name in order to attract new business and for them to make a name for themselves. That's another topic for Business 101 though. If you Google them, their are a few articles circulating that talk about them.
I did a quick search. Most of what came up was from several years ago, like 2012. So I didn't even bother reading them. So much can change in that amount of time.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I did a quick search. Most of what came up was from several years ago, like 2012. So I didn't even bother reading them. So much can change in that amount of time.
I had read about them a while back and never followed them after that. So yes, they might have not done anything after that period. They might not even be in business. The website doesn't even work.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Locally-sourced bamboo? From Wisconsin? Are there Pandas, too?

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Locally-sourced bamboo? From Wisconsin? Are there Pandas, too?
I guess your next question is gonna be whether we have chopsticks in our Orange groves since Oranges originated in China? Read up on Bamboo since you love reading articles, it's one of the crops we grow in the US!