excellent Canopus!

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
over last 3 years accumulated some 20 new snares and I have to say - this 5.5x14 ash/poplar just got and it's def in my top 2! very versatile actually - funk, rock, probably jazz (but I don't)

I can highly recommend Canopus snares - my other one is a 5.5x14 hammered bronze which is superb as well. Just wanted to pass along my excitement at such a great sounding snare

I ordered it from Canopus website and from start to finish it got to me from Japan within 3 weeks!!! $38 shipping total, and cheap price - like $340 or something - Such quality snares and service - wow...Canopus is SO great.

IMG_5516.jpg

Last edited:

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should see the Ash kit forum member Murat has at his shop Drummer’s Hangout . It is a beauty and sounds killer .

Freewill3

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
over last 3 years accumulated some 20 new snares and I have to say - this 5.5x14 ash/poplar just got and it's def in my top 2! very versatile actually - funk, rock, probably jazz (but I don't)

I can highly recommend Canopus snares - my other one is a 5.5x14 hammered bronze which is superb as well. Just wanted to pass along my excitement at such a great sounding snare

I ordered it from Canopus website and from start to finish it got to me from Japan within 3 weeks!!! $38 shipping total, and cheap price - like $340 or something - Such quality snares and service - wow...Canopus is SO great.

View attachment 518929
Beautiful drum! This one has been on my radar for a long time, enjoy!

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 518929
I know it is usually the other way around but if you need a matching set :cool:
209635681_3029199574070621_7179626938471691885_n.jpg

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
I know it is usually the other way around but if you need a matching set :cool: View attachment 518967

I know the entire ash line sounds great -

it's kinda amazing canopus - this snare is unbelievably priced at only $340, but canopus sounds as good and in some cases has better richness and body than some of my mega $ snares, whether Tama Star, N&C, Craviotto, even a Brady I had until recently, even though all these are GREAT too...it's just my 2 canopus 8 lugs snares (ash and bronze) just seem so well built with full and majestic tone, and the ash is the cheapest snare I own...Hate to be a fan boy but I'm sold.

nk126

Reaction score
Canopus drums are phenomenal. The RFMs and "The Maple" snares are the real deal. Love the low mass lugs on them, (and all of the the non-Yaibas). And the Yaibas seem to be very well regarded as bang for the buck, as well (haven't played them myself).

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My only experience w/Canopus is I've installed their vintage wires on my Rogers Holiday snare. Sounds awesome. There is a Canopus kit in black satin 13-16-24 config at a local shop that I'm affraid to test drive for fear of a surprise impulse buy...

mattmalloy66

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
1632418846848.png

Canopus makes / made some impressive drums. Never owned any, but played some, and wanted some.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Canopus makes the best snare wires made today IMHO . I installed a set of their vintage wires on my Ludwig Black Beauty and the improvement in sound was remarkable and very noticeable .