Experiences with daVille Drumworks shells?

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
Thinking about getting into assembling a snare drum with all the time and extra parts I have available. DaVille has some really nice looking stave shells in lots of species for pretty reasonable prices... anyone have any experiences with these shells at all?

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes. Top quality stuff. Terry knows what he’s doing. I have several of his shells. My favorite shell design are the 1/4” thick shell with the integrated reinforcement rings milled into the shell. Here is a Pau Ferro (Santos Rosewood) shell in a free floating chassis.
5B87E4AF-5050-4E8D-86CF-07D9BF3261BA.jpeg

egw

Reaction score
Highly recommended. He makes wonderful shells and is a very down-to-earth guy.

I used one of his stave shells for my most recent snare build. 5.5x14" cherry with the milled-in re-rings. Sounds fantastic.
DSC_1508.JPG

Last edited:

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
Highly recommended. He makes wonderful shells and is a very down-to-earth guy.

I used one of his stave shells for my most recent snare build. 5.5x14" cherry with the milled-in re-rings. Sounds fantastic. View attachment 435138
Cherry with milled rings, maybe with an inlay, is exactly what I’m thinking.

thanks!

egw

Reaction score
Cherry with milled rings, maybe with an inlay, is exactly what I’m thinking.

thanks!
Good choice. When I was getting ready to order, I was torn between walnut and cherry, and Terry told me that the sound wouldn't be all that different, and to choose based on color. I'm sure walnut would have been nice too, but this cherry is beautiful.

_20200412_081936.JPG

gbow

Reaction score
Late to the party, but yes Daville's shell's are really great. I have two of them.

A word of caution, for any stave shell prior to putting the rims/hardware on. DON"T DROP IT, especially on a concrete floor!

Below is a picture of what that does, I reassembled the broken shell and it's the snare on the left in the pic. It's a macacouba shell and the other one is a Bubinga, both from Daville.

gabo

Attachments

Latest posts