Facebook Live From My Drum Room With Peter Erskine & Adam Nussbaum.

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, early on he worked for Paiste. That's when I met him in 1985. Then DW briefly, just before I worked there, then he went to Yamaha. He worked for other companies after Yamaha and sadly passed away in 2001. He was a dear friend.

BlackPearl

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, here's a link to my Facebook Live chat today with Peter and Adam. We barely scraped the surface, so we'll do a part 2 down the road. Hope you enjoy it.

This is wonderful ! Thanks very much (still listening)

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I watched this afternoon John and I must say it was interesting, and a lot of fun! thanks for putting these together :thumbup:

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, here's a link to my Facebook Live chat today with Peter and Adam. We barely scraped the surface, so we'll do a part 2 down the road. Hope you enjoy it.

Yeah John! WONDERFUL!

One thing that's interesting about "these times" that we're going through, is that people have had the opportunity (no choice there) to slow down, relax, and actually TALK to each other, have real conversations, and connect. While others have lost the gift of time, we have been given the gift of time. Now it's up to everyone to make sure they don't waste it.

For us (musicians) that doesn't really happen much, because we're all busy running to the next gig, or just taking care of business. I am loving hearing musicians "just" talk about creating, loving, and making a living, playing music!!!

Not to mention the joy of the life that we all have been given. I think it's a wonderful way to honor those who have lost their lives, and those who are saving lives through this tragedy. Take the time to connect, give back, and make someone smile or laugh. Each one teach one. And yes, Always Be Looking Ahead! Keep 'em coming. What else is there to do from 1 until 3am???

Enjoy every sandwich,
Mark

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was just daydreaming... but... Live from my Drum Room with... Charlie and Ringo?
Discussing playing, people they've played with and - equipment! (all those speculations ended once and for all. What flat ride, what hi-hats etc...)

I'll just go back to daydreaming and wait for your next session, John! :)

Reaction score
I like that :D
Joe,
That's not "mine," the words came from Warren Zevon when he was dying from cancer and knew he didn't have much time left. It became his "epitaph" if you will. I got to play and spend time with Warren once, and although I always LOVED his music, I found that I really liked the man as well. When he was dying (if you remember) he made a lot of public appearances to discuss his situation. Until his last day I found him painfully truthful, insightful, honest, and hilarious. That quote says a lot to me, because of who said it, and in it's simplicity. And (oh yeah) I love to eat GOOD sandwiches.

When the subject of life and death arises (as it does with this covid time we're in,) I say it a lot. My wife is a nurse in the biggest hospital in NJ and deals with this virus face to face every day. So to her and I (as it should be with everyone) it is life and death (unfortunately.) Serious? You bet! Yet Warren's epitaph keeps a smile on my face and in my heart (and hopefully someone else's as well.)

Enjoy Every Sandwich!!!!!
MSG

Reactions: JDA