Famous Artist you really do not like

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
He always had good drummers (studio and live) and phrased in odd meters/ had to pay attention
Cat Stevens was a voice of a generation I always liked him.
I don't 'listen' to 'things' I don't like
So they don't 'register' linger or stay in my mind so see no good reason to (try and) dreg them up.

Last edited:

LauraCai

Reaction score
I hate to admit it but have never liked Billy Joel. Seems like he’s pushing or overemphasizing everything when he sings, like a prima donna wanting to make sure they are the center of attention.

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hard to pick just one or even two but here’s mine:
Ed Sheeran, he just seems so winey and “poor me, no one loves me”, just can’t listen to his music.

Andy Warhol, didn’t do anything that wasn’t done before and was just friends with trendy people of the time, no talent at all IMO

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Folks who don't reach, me I don't listen to.

I'd rather not concentrate on what I dislike; others may and more power to them. I'd rather enjoy what I do like. Life is too short to wallow in cesspools.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, man...where to start...as far as musical type people, I'd have to start with Gene Simmons. Smug, arrogant, mean spirited. At least that's my impression.

Axl Rose. Nothing I can really put my finger on there. Just comes off as an all around jerk. You know, an equal opportunity offender. LOL

Mike Portnoy. For all his talent seems like another arrogant tool. (I'd be very happy for someone to prove me wrong on that one.)

Miley Cyrus. We get it. You like to flash the camera. Move along, get dressed and keep singing.

How about film people? Director/producer Roland Emmerich. I never like one of his movies. Really a hack. Unfortunate because in interviews he seems like a good guy, and fairly sensitive and thoughtful. But none of hose sensibilities make it into his movies. His former partner, Dean Devlin, is another hack. But he's a smarmy weasel. A big middle-finger to him.

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
Joan Baez. Beautiful, angelic voice . She fiddled with the Band's lyrics on The Night They Drove Ol Dixie Down to push her own agenda and I kinda grew to disrespect her for that . Levon was a bit more straight forward in an interview about this .

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep Joan is too screechy for me politics aside (and I'm not big on hers). I dont get Springsteen. But I dont dislike him as much as just dont get him. Mine I dont care for is Sheryl Crow. And she crops up on about every televised music special there is. I'm convinced it is just to annoy me. She can write but her voice is like nails on a chalk board for me.