Famous people and their vinyl collections

Patrick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/famous_people_hanging_out_with_their_vinyl/

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
thanks for posting that. really enjoyed it!

mike

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many of these folks hold their records so that they're touching the grooves. I never do that!

Velociamator

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow! I had that exact Califone record player in 1973 (w/o the big speaker) that Sophia Loren has in the picture. I didn't think so much of it at the time, now it looks unbearably cool! The headshell swiveled & had a sliding scale for tracking force, the arm was only there to hold the headshell.

Mrtboner

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My favorite was eve Meyer. Don't know who she is but that was my favorite picture

Coatedhead

Reaction score
Love that shot of Lennon surrounded by 45s. And always a Marilyn Monroe fan too.

Which made me remember a trip to Woodstock, NY in '70 or '71?? A friend of a friend took us up a long curvy driveway to a nice house on a hill. I remember walking through a small entry room with many hats hanging on hooks, through a large kitchen with a number of stainless steel appliances(a rarity at that time) to a room maybe 25'x40' with a grand piano and a bunch of string instruments laying around. Also a few hand percussion instruments as well.

What really got me amazed was one of 25' walls had a vinyl record collection that had 4 maybe 5 shelves filled with records. 1,000s literally. Many of the records were signed and addressed to the owner of the home. Very impressive to look through. Every genre imaginable, old and new (at that time).

I won't divulge the home owner's name. Give the person some privacy okay? Funny how old memories linger around in your head.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
My favorite was eve Meyer. Don't know who she is but that was my favorite picture

i didnt know who she was either. do a google search on her name and then click on images....wow!

mike

Patrick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah,

Eve Meyer married Russ Meyer, which makes some kind of sense.

I still play my vinyl by times and sometimes the records and sleeves pile up just as randomly as in some of those shots. That used to be one sign of a good party.

Patrick