Fans of Crush drums

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just scored a Crush solid shell cast copper snare for an amazing price on the bay. Apparently the few US distributors are fire-saleing there remaining inventory. There appears to be a window of opportunity.

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Only rumors of such; or perhaps moving away from US distributing. There seem to be quite a few new/demo products available at exceptional values, something seems to be in the wind...

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As I understand it, they're in the process of relaunching with a new distributor and possibly a revamped product line, as well. Terry Platt, one of the guys at Crush, has been saying on FB that they'll probably be able to make an official announcement fairly soon.

The stuff on eBay and all that is leftover stock, I believe. I don't think they've been producing any new stuff for a little while as this all goes down.

If I have any of that information wrong, I apologize, but that's what I've been able to figure out. I hope they do come back in fighting form. I've got a Crush birch kit that's pretty fantastic, esp. considering the almost criminal price I paid for it.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thumper said:
Just scored a Crush solid shell cast copper snare for an amazing price on the bay. Apparently the few US distributors are fire-saleing there remaining inventory. There appears to be a window of opportunity.
I see they accepted "best offer"--how much was it?

gonzo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
dogmanaut said:
As I understand it, they're in the process of relaunching with a new distributor and possibly a revamped product line, as well. Terry Platt, one of the guys at Crush, has been saying on FB that they'll probably be able to make an official announcement fairly soon.

The stuff on eBay and all that is leftover stock, I believe. I don't think they've been producing any new stuff for a little while as this all goes down.

If I have any of that information wrong, I apologize, but that's what I've been able to figure out. I hope they do come back in fighting form. I've got a Crush birch kit that's pretty fantastic, esp. considering the almost criminal price I paid for it.
Been seeing this as well, but the problem is that he has been saying this for quite sometime. Not saying they are not coming back, but the longer you wait the harder it is the get back any momentum Crush was gaining. To me, it's the small things that signals trouble: a website that has an announcement about big changes coming for 2016 that was posted last Fall with no updates, phone numbers that do not work, etc. That's not good--especially if you are trying to mount a comeback of sorts. Just my 2 cents.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
gonzo said:

Been seeing this as well, but the problem is that he has been saying this for quite sometime. Not saying they are not coming back, but the longer you wait the harder it is the get back any momentum Crush was gaining. To me, it's the small things that signals trouble: a website that has an announcement about big changes coming for 2016 that was posted last Fall with no updates, phone numbers that do not work, etc. That's not good--especially if you are trying to mount a comeback of sorts. Just my 2 cents.
No, I agree, Gonzo. I hope that's not the case, but we'll see. I did recently have an email communication from Terry where he off-handedly mentioned something that, to me, seemed to indicate things with the new distributor were about to really happen. I wasn't asking anything along those lines. That's just what I interpreted from how he worded one very specific thing. So take that with a grain of salt. And again, we'll see.

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bongomania said:
I see they accepted "best offer"--how much was it?

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Those Crush acrylic bop kits would be a great mini rock kit for small gigs. I hate to use the word Bop for a kit that sounds so mean.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thumper said:
Just scored a Crush solid shell cast copper snare for an amazing price on the bay.
How are you liking that drum? What are your thoughts about its tone, tuning range, fit and finish, etc.?

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
Must say this is the best $599 new kit I ever purchased, with a change of batter heads.
I am a member of Crush Drummers Facebook page and Terry has been posting for a while that they are going to announce a new distributer.
Hinting at "soon".
I really want a 14" floor tom and then I am done. {I subsribe to the even# size Gadd theory, and this would complete my 10,12,16,22 se-up properly. Somehow I think I might end up having to order a MIJ seamless shell, purchase a Crush floor tom, have George at Precision drill it, and then swap hardware.
For what I payed through Musicians Friend for this kit, I can put up with no support and the "coming back, coming back" posts.

Patience, maybe it will pan out ? :wink:

Attachments

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
drummerbill said:
Must say this is the best $599 new kit I ever purchased, with a change of batter heads.
I am a member of Crush Drummers Facebook page and Terry has been posting for a while that they are going to announce a new distributer.
Hinting at "soon".
I really want a 14" floor tom and then I am done. {I subsribe to the even# size Gadd theory, and this would complete my 10,12,16,22 se-up properly. Somehow I think I might end up having to order a MIJ seamless shell, purchase a Crush floor tom, have George at Precision drill it, and then swap hardware.
For what I payed through Musicians Friend for this kit, I can put up with no support and the "coming back, coming back" posts.

Patience, maybe it will pan out ? ;-)
What kind of Crush kit do you have?

drummerbill

DFO Master
Reaction score
dogmanaut said:
Hinting at "soon".

Red acrylic.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
drummerbill said:
Hinting at "soon".

Red acrylic.

Oh, duh... haha. The pic must not have loaded the first time or something. I'm not usually THAT spacey...

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bongomania said:
Just scored a Crush solid shell cast copper snare for an amazing price on the bay.
How are you liking that drum? What are your thoughts about its tone, tuning range, fit and finish, etc.?
Got it hoping to get that marching snare tone without being so "tight". I have it cranked down quite a bit, snares sort of loose, getting a nice pop and still have decent resonance with stock heads. When it arrived, I tuned it at off-the-shelf settings and found a nice mid range, again with what I felt was surprisingly controlled resonance (though admittedly, I have no experience with cast shells). I doubt i will try lower tuning as that isn't what I'm looking for; besides, it's a fairly shallow shell so probably would not be this drum's forte. The overall quality is very good, lugs seem overkill strong but with very high tuning, that's probably a good thing. I was a bit disappointed to find there was no serial number or any other information other than a basic badge.

Latest posts