header.nohb.html

Fans of the crash of doom

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
If they'd cut the weight down on the 22" COD, I think it would be nearly perfect with the bigger bell

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The mega doom, according to reviews, is a ride. Basically way too heavy for a crash. The normal 22, I think should be much lighter, but what do I know lol
Sounded good in the video lol I think the orchestral ride and 15” fat hats were my favorite

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly to me, it's almost like a 24" sweet ride if they made one. The crash is wonderful. A deeper, fuller note than my 24" K Light. Opens up very easily
That’s crazy I thought it looked like a sweet ride to me but just different. I may have to get one

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I found the perfect Crash of Doom and picked it up based off looks alone. The last few I've had haven't been warped hardly at all. A small wave here and there. They've also been very thick. Basically a dark , big crash.

This one is EXACTLY what a COD should be, and what I was wanting out of the Raw Crashes and the Masterwork Blank. This one is warped, nasty, VERY thin, and almost China like. I've never heard a doom like it. Seems I hit the jackpot with this one!

cxo07e2w29oqxukwl5yu.jpg
rzggmrn78hjg11ecbuux.jpg

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I found the perfect Crash of Doom and picked it up based off looks alone. The last few I've had haven't been warped hardly at all. A small wave here and there. They've also been very thick. Basically a dark , big crash.

This one is EXACTLY what a COD should be, and what I was wanting out of the Raw Crashes and the Masterwork Blank. This one is warped, nasty, VERY thin, and almost China like. I've never heard a doom like it. Seems I hit the jackpot with this one!

View attachment 536878 View attachment 536879
What size is it

Wideglyd

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or owned one of these? Very cool cymbal a lot is crash of doom looks to it and has that kinda sound.

[/URL]

I own a 20” Crash Of Doom and I like it but as another poster said it’s better for trash riding than crashing. But, I suppose it depends on the style music you’re playing. I’m in a cover band currently doing a lot of 70s R and B and classic rock so it’s hard to shoehorn it in sometimes as a crash. I also have a 20” Zildjian Oriental that the COD sounds great against. It sounds like nothing else in my cymbal arsenal.

Wideglyd

Reaction score

View attachment 536878 View attachment 536879
My 20 isn’t that wavy either. I wish it was more like yours shown.

stevil

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here you go. Sorry it's another cell phone video

Thanks! That's a great sounding COD. I play with fewer cymbals, so tend to go for more all-arounders, but that I really do like how those sound. The closest I come are FX or Cluster crashes, both of which I also love. I was also really tempted by the Mega Doom, but again, a little to niche to crack the rotation.

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 22” COD that I had was a super clean ride for me. I never crashed it. Then I got a 20” and it just didn’t do anything for me.