header.nohb.html

Fans of the crash of doom

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It was great playing. We even got a bassist at one time.

Me and the guitarist parted ways, but we maintained the contact.

She is at verge of releasing her EP.
Are you still with her ? She can sing !!!!!

I’m jealous of where you live by the way .

Also very tasty drumming , are there more videos? I really like the vibe of band .

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Are you still with her ? She can sing !!!!!

I’m jealous of where you live by the way .

Also very tasty drumming , are there more videos? I really like the vibe of band .
Ahh thank you. Really appreciate it.

I left, and Julius left shortly after me.

She is still kicking ass with a new band (if not for covid if course) and whe had a great time.

There are more video’s on Youtube and this one on FB live at the Vondelpark with me and Julius:

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I loved the cods they just aren’t loud enough. Gigged mine out a few times and went out front while someone played my kit and it was so quiet. I sold it a week after.
That was my experience too. Had a 20" for a little while that I got for a good deal from Amazon. It had a cool character to it, but seemed to have a very low volume threshold and would get lost quickly. I would add that I'm not a basher or high volume player by any stretch and don't play overly loud, brash or bright cymbals, but still the COD just couldn't keep up and cut through. I did like it for light riding as well, but again, it would just disappear among other sounds. Think I returned it to Amazon before the return window expired.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be on topic , I have a 22” . I wish it was a bit lower pitched . Haven’t played it live .
I bought in hopes of having a ride/crash that was more seen than heard ..

449F8E06-EFB9-4F28-8C83-076085480060.jpeg

Steech

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be on topic , I have a 22” . I wish it was a bit lower pitched . Haven’t played it live .
I bought in hopes of having a ride/crash that was more seen than heard ..

View attachment 537141
I loved the bell on my 22” COD and it was an awesome alternate ride, but I ended up selling it because it easily wasn’t that much of a crash and not loud enough for the rest of my kit. Beautiful cymbal though.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That was my experience too. Had a 20" for a little while that I got for a good deal from Amazon. It had a cool character to it, but seemed to have a very low volume threshold and would get lost quickly. I would add that I'm not a basher or high volume player by any stretch and don't play overly loud, brash or bright cymbals, but still the COD just couldn't keep up and cut through. I did like it for light riding as well, but again, it would just disappear among other sounds. Think I returned it to Amazon before the return window expired.
Same I got mine off Amazon for a steal

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the thin weight, and nasty higher pitch than normal will allow mine to cut through a little more. The last one I sold was as you guys say, way too low pitched and got lost. I'll try it out at my show next month.

Ptrick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the thin weight, and nasty higher pitch than normal will allow mine to cut through a little more. The last one I sold was as you guys say, way too low pitched and got lost. I'll try it out at my show next month.
Yours is how the first ones were made. The original 20”, as designed with Dennis Chambers, was to match the sound of a cymbal Dennis brought to Zildjian that was made in China and very trashy. The first ones were very warped and thin and trashy.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yours is how the first ones were made. The original 20”, as designed with Dennis Chambers, was to match the sound of a cymbal Dennis brought to Zildjian that was made in China and very trashy. The first ones were very warped and thin and trashy.
They definitely need to keep making them like this. I do remember the first ones being much more warped vs the recent ones. Glad I went with it and ditched my previous one.

Blue Zurich

Reaction score
I have gone back and forth on various trash sounds (splash vs crash vs EFX style-holey pies) I finally have settled on a 13" Agop Xist Dry Dark Crash. For me, I realized when it comes to accents and attack sounds adding to the K Con & Kerope mix, I need the accent sustain to be kept to a minimum. It's like breaking an electronic cracker in half. I used to be a multiple splash player but then I found myself getting too Manu Katche when it didn't require it. Happy Now.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Topping this thread with my 20" very warped COD. After using it some, I've noticed how very light this one is, and how much more "airy" it is vs most every other one I've had and tried.

Most of the 20s I've tried have been fairly heavy, and almost gongy. This one is completely different. I had contemplated selling it for a heavier one for more cut, but going back, I think I'll keep it.

I occasionally use my COD as a main crash. I don't think this one can hang in that spot, but it's still a very good and unique COD that I don't see often.