Fantastic visit to Dale's Drum Shop today!

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
I would’ve had trouble not buying at least one of the snares.

drums1225

Reaction score
Big fan of Dale's! Though I've only been there twice (both in 2019), I've been doing business with them for almost 20 years.

If you don't get their weekly email blast, I highly recommend it. They always have great sales, B-stock, and pre-owned deals. If you're a Tama guy/girl, they are THE place for amazing B-stock deals. I recently scored a "B-Stock" STAR Maple snare to match my Ocean Blue Curly Maple STAR kit. The only thing B-stock about it was the price (40% off normal retail price). It's brand new, with the tag, not a mark on it, not even a fingerprint (aside from my own), and to top it off, it sounded great right out of the box. I've been playing it for a month without touching the tuning.

Great drum shop, Rej and the guys are totally cool and knowledgeable. I will visit any time my gig/tour schedule finds me within an hour or two of Harrisburg. Hopefully that happens sooner than later!

premierplayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've made several online and Reverb purchases from Dale's. All good experiences. They seem like a top shelf operation. I would love to go there in person someday, looks like someplace I'd like.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
They're not responding to web chat and I can't get to a phone......bummer.
There are only a couple of guys there working during the weekday hours. I was the only one there on a Monday morning, Rej was working in the back and Kevin was setting up a drumset up in the showroom. They get busier on the weekend and probably have more employees on hand. Either keep trying, maybe send an email as well (or through Reverb), and call when you can.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I've made several online and Reverb purchases from Dale's. All good experiences. They seem like a top shelf operation. I would love to go there in person someday, looks like someplace I'd like.
If you're in Maryland you aren't that far away. Well worth it.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can sleep now , no way am I going to be able to rewrap and pay shipping .
I’m over it Joe ....

Heck I’m still working on a micro kit build .

dharma bum

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For better or worse, this post caused a GAS relapse for me. I called the day after your post and talked to Rej, and ended up buying the Snare with the Oyster Black rewrap. I've been wanting a deep Ludwig wood snare, and this one has some good and unique bones. I may or may not rewrap it again. Rej was indeed great to deal with, BTW.

Ben

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
For better or worse, this post caused a GAS relapse for me. I called the day after your post and talked to Rej, and ended up buying the Snare with the Oyster Black rewrap. I've been wanting a deep Ludwig wood snare, and this one has some good and unique bones. I may or may not rewrap it again. Rej was indeed great to deal with, BTW.

Ben
That's great news! And if it makes you feel better, anything under $100 doesn't really qualify as GAS... :laughing9:

Frank Godiva

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Ben
reads like a T shirt slogan or a superb high quality trucker hat
Hmmmmm....

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ben
I was looking at that snare and since they did not reply to my instant chat , I let it go. Turns out they did reply but later, though.
By then, the impulse was gone and it wasn't what I had hoped for anyway per the pics sent, so hope it works out for you.

Hemant

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They are the best - love that shop! Fortunate to have a sister that lives nearby so I get to visit several times a year.