Favorite bop kit poll

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A toss between the Rogers & the Jazzette. Tough call. I've got a 16x12 Ludwig & a 20x14 Rogers so either is a "missing link".

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, we have made it to reply #7 and not one "I would not pick any of those, I would pick insert favorite brand here" responses that DFO is so famous for! LOL!

For me it's a tough one because my head is saying go for the RB Gretcsh (I mean Bop was practically invented on those things) but my heart is screaming at me to choose the Sonor Phonic's in rosewood! I think I'm gonna take the Sonor's but only by a narrow margin, I always loved those drums... all 1,600 pounds of them!
Ok I will ruin it, (none) I pick my Pork pie Zebrawood rosewood bop kit.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
LOL! And there we go, but hey we DID make it to post 25! And in truth, that would be a great kit!

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nothing spells bop more then a Gretsch set. Just the classic sound. I love all the others, but ya gotta go with the truth
82B92557-0698-46E8-A39D-AC8F1C4E4818.jpeg

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a gretsch RB and a Sonor (I think it is technically a champion but im not sure. If anyone can help with that it would be greatly appreciated). They both sound fantastic. Most of the time I use my Slingerlands though. They are a mixture of 3-ply bass and five ply toms and snare. I. Also have vistalite bop which is another sound altogether. So out of your suggested group I choose the Camco!

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yea...

I'm with TamaCW and GrooveE...

Pick the most exspensive kit on the list, sell it and buy a set of Paiste 602s.

I'm not sophisticated enough to hear the difference in drumsets at that level....

But I can hear the difference in cymbals well enough.

Lol

dingaling

Reaction score
This has turned into a let's see your bop kit thread....so everyone....start posting your bop pics!

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
These

Latest posts