Favorite cowbell?

EyeByTwoMuchGeer

Reaction score
Own a few JCRs and they are all great but the mounts on some of them aren't built for aggressive playing. Some are bulletproof. But, they all sound great.

My #1 bell would be my old beat up LP Salsa Timbale bell that got used on all of my gigs and basically thrown around in the hardware bag, sweated on, beer and whiskey spilled on, cute-girl-in-the-crowd played on, taped up, scratched, dropped and all around abused. Its got too many memories and it mellowed out to a nice tone.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Ah man, I was trying to get that Paiste Ludwig cowbell a year ago and then randomly thought about it right now.

Saw this post...did you ever get the cowbell??? I had no luck then and still no luck now.
I've got a Ludwig Paiste that I've had for a few years now. Only seen two that I recall.

Mike
Ludwig paiste 3 star cowbell from roundbadgedude.JPG

UptownShakedown

Reaction score
Question - who was that guy who used to make all the bells himself for the serious latin guys in NYC?

WLVN

Reaction score
I received an LP Mambo cowbell in 1972 as a Christmas or birthday present. It has the old open strap type mount that always made it difficult to keep it from moving when playing it hard when mounted. I let my high school marching band use it once or twice and it cut through everything on the field. It has been played loud and in spite of old tape and some rust it's still my favorite.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Pearl “Anarchy” model that I really like. It looks cheesy as all get out but it’s got a great voice, and pointy things.

charlesm

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Another LP Mambo here. Didn't realize they were so popular! Got mine around 1987. It's all beat up now. Looks cool and sounds perfect for lower-pitched bell sounds. I sometimes wedge some cloth all the way back inside it in order to shorten up the note a bit. A friend of mine in h.s. wanted to buy it off me in 1991. He loved the tone. Nope!