Favorite Drum Stick?

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
They're basically 5B's but with a unique shoulder and taper. I've been using other 5B's lately, and these were a pleasant surprise.
I love trying out new sticks. Bought a few pairs of wincents lately. Appreciate your reply. Cheers.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regal Tip 5B wood tip!
Has been my favorite because of how they feel and how they stay glued to your hands.
As others have said, Regal Tip has had problems and they're currently hard to come by.
Because of that, I've been using:
Los Cabos 5B & 2B wood tip!
They are incredibly balanced and the quality control is A-1. Fantastic sticks overall!
I still have some Regal Tips left because last year I bought all the local Guitar Center stock that I could find
before they stopped carrying them.
So I switch between the two brands!
Honestly though, the Los Cabos are so good that when My Regal Tips break, I'll probably go to Los Cabos 100%.

Last edited:

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I like Bopworks West Coast model for general playing and Bopworks Birdland for very low volume situations.
My pair of Birdlands just arrived. I was a but dubious because I prefer longer sticks, but these are superb for what I do. I thought the Blakey model was perfect for press rolls - these are even better! I just switch totally from Promark to Bopworks.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Most kit gigs: Vater Recording
TasteeGigz: Gadd Ride Stick
Concert: believe it or not, Los Cabos Hickory Concert sticks. I have many concert sticks and usually grab those before all my Coopermans, rosewood Cirones, Gaugers, Glennies, Balters, etc.

Last edited: