Favorite instrument besides drums

Reaction score
So the title is basically self explanatory, Whats your favorite instrument besides the drums?

Guitar?
Bass?
Piano?
Keyboard?
Flute?

anything...

I would say my favorite instrument besides drums is the harmonica, i love the sound and i also did play it for 3 years before i started playing drums, Whats yours?

groooooove

Reaction score
that we can play or in general?

if i could start over from scratch, i would want to play the harp. i've felt like that ever since i first saw harpo marx play.

and not to mention how few harpists there are, if you can play well, thats a scholarship instrument for sure.

red66charger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My favorite instruments are the Hammond organ (pick a model) with a Leslie cabinet, pedal steel guitar and bass guitar. I lock into listening to these parts in songs as much as drum parts. If I could master any other instrument I'd want it to be bass. Upright and electric.

I love piano as well.

stickinthemud

DFO Master
Reaction score
Vibraphone. I can think of nothing cooler sounding than Milt Jackson on the vibes. Would love to be able to do that!

Alan_

Reaction score
I'm best at keyboards, but bass is probably my favorite to play. Wish I was better at guitar.

ianjphil

Reaction score
It's very difficult to decide just one! I could go either way on:

Hammond B3 through a Leslie
Lap Steel Guitar through a Fender Twin

Whenever I get to mix a band that has either one of those, I get chills down my neck!

10thAvenueDrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Bagpipes. Not even kidding. Been playing them as long as I've been playing drums. Bass is a close second.

Shuggadugga

Reaction score
Vibes said:
Vibes.......love playing my Musser M55's.
Keboard percussion is great fun. I'm infinitely jealous of your vibraphone. I'd kill for a set but will probably never have the money. I'd like a marimba too. Maybe if I sell my car....

I must say, Violin tops the chart for me though. I played violin years before I started drum lessons. Playing a piece of music on a violin gives me a much greater sense of musicality and expression than any percussion instrument I've played. Not nearly as fun though!

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Bass guitar. I seem to have more of an affinity for that than with a guitar, although I enjoy playing that, too.

TessaV

Reaction score
I've always loved the sound of an acoustic guitar, love the tone and echo that they get, as well as the sound in general.

Another would be the Euphonium, it actually has a GREAT sound, it's certainly not an easy instrument but can sound very beautiful and pleasing when played well.

The Whale

Priest of the Temples of Syrinx
Reaction score
For real my second favorite would be electric guitar. But not the guitar its self just mixing tube amps and effects pedals and playing with the endless mix of sounds you can get.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Nice 15min, diversion fromdrums, here

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
I love the sound of both baritone and bass saxes. A close second would be a Vox Continental.

Latest posts