Favorite instrument besides drums

drummer5359

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have an older brother who is a guitarist, we played in bands together on and off for many years. He was a huge influence in my early musical growth. My all time favorite musician is Jeff Beck, no one else even comes close.

So... I'd have to say guitar.

On the other hand, I never had an interest In becoming a guitarist. I also love the low end of things, so I play and love playing bass as well.

andrewro

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As far as what I like to play, and can actually do a passable job at playing, electric bass guitar. Preferably a short scale, even though I have long fingers.

As far as sounds I love but am not that good at playing:

Wurlitzer electric piano (own one, but I'm a hunt and peck kind of player)
Hammond B3/Leslie (Had an M3, never got it working properly)
Vibraphone (have a Saito student model, I'm as good on it as the Wurli, except I'm less accurate with mallets than with my fingers)

Spooky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I love my drums the best, but I like playing guitar too, but I have never had a lesson,
then I love messing on the piano, and bass guitar, and I also can get a tune out of a saw, with a violin bow, my mum bet me I couldn't do it, so I had to show her I could!! lol!
Spooky

drumbum91

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I enjoy playing the guitar on the side. I also really enjoy mallet percussion as well.

Iandrumz

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
play some keys. But would love to be able to play sax. I love bands with horn sections or sax players.

Big_D

Reaction score
I started playing drums around 9 or 10 and had always sung as well. In one band I was forming we needed a bass player and a singer so my bandmates encouraged me to take over bass (since I already played guitar) and lead vocals and we'd get another drummer. I've been doing both ever since. Drums will always be my first love but being the front man and holding down the low end is just as rewarding. I think playing both drums and bass gives me better insite into what the other guy is doing and makes us a better as a whole.

Pounder

DFO Master
Reaction score
Love other people's guitar, sometimes.. For me, it's the Fender Rhodes and Minimoog D.

Reaction score
Acoustic guitar for songwriting and synths for sound creation...
Can't play either very well but that should never stop anyone... :icon_smile:

homeby5

DFO Master
Reaction score
In this order:
Guitar, Bass, Piano, Lapsteel. Honestly, I love all instruments and it's hard to put an order to it.

R Z

Reaction score
I started with drums as a child. My first band I was the drummer. I asked the guitar player to teach me chords. He showed me E, D, and A, the chords to Gloria. From there I picked up bass and some keys. I've never had lessons and these days I don't get near the time to practice. But I have a small studio and I find time to throw a Beatles parody together each year for my friend's birthday.

doroth3a

Reaction score
Piano, by far. I grew up playing classical, but taught myself blues. So blues piano is where its at for me.

Latest posts