Favorite instrument besides drums

Geostorm98

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love acoustic guitar. I have about 10 acoustics, here's a few: Ovation '76 Patriot, '67 Deluxe Balladeer (Dad's), Millenium (planets inlaid in fretboard) and a Guild D-55 sunburst...

Attachments

DavedrumsTX

Reaction score
Like many others, guitar. I have a Martin Laurence Juber OM and a Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus. Better gear than my guitar playing ability for sure.

R

RickP

Electric or Acoustic bass for me. I own an electric bass and just haven't found the time to get up to speed on it. Might make a good New a Year's resolution to learn to play it.

Dr Fred

Reaction score
If I had to start from scratch, I'd play the cello.
The most versatile and expressive instrument I've ever heard.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If I could play anything in addition to drums, it would be the Chapman Stick. Love the tapping technique and the split bass/guitar options. Two (and more) guitars at once. Loved it ever since I heard Tony Levin play it on Gabriel's "I Don't Remember".

stick.jpg

bigbonzo

DFO Master
Reaction score
Polska said:
If I could play anything in addition to drums, it would be the Chapman Stick. Love the tapping technique and the split bass/guitar options. Two (and more) guitars at once. Loved it ever since I heard Tony Levin play it on Gabriel's "I Don't Remember".

stick.jpg
Yeah, these are really kool. I would like to lean how to play one too.

killereddie

Reaction score
Well I play tabla (although those are drums so I guess they don't count). I'm an avid bass player and dabble in keyboard. I really want to learn the sax one day though.

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
So the title is basically self explanatory, Whats your favorite instrument besides the drums?

Guitar?
Bass?
Piano?
Keyboard?
Flute?

anything...

I would say my favorite instrument besides drums is the harmonica, i love the sound and i also did play it for 3 years before i started playing drums, Whats yours?
Keyboard; Just realizing how beneficial it is to know it's music theory alone is persuasive enough. Bass is great too. It'd be between those two for me.

Latest posts