Favorite live album

dyland

Reaction score
Oh, man. That version of Cheepnis (the pair of runthroughs) is one of my favorite tracks ever.
Hell yeah. Napoleon Murphy Brock is such a standout performer. I love that guy.

This record also has my favorite version of Inca Roads with the loungey jazz intro. I just got Zappa at the Roxy on Blu-ray but the whole thing is available to watch for free on Amazon.

moonbabie

Reaction score
Wow this is a tough one...and I’m sure I’ll think of more but for now I’ll say Gentle Giant playing the fool

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, I suppose I have to acknowledge that I AM an affirmed pop player... so it is without a doubt for me Tris Imboden on Kenny Loggins ALIVE. But I love soooo many live albums, they are often my preferred arrangements to most songs. From Jimmie Fadden on The Dirt Band's LIVE TWO FIVE to Simon Phillips on TOTO's Falling In Between! But Maybe my second favorite of all time though is the absolutely prefect preformance of Carlos Vega on James Taylor's BEST LIVE.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Kenny Loggins does a version of Footloose “Live from the Redwoods” that is particularly spectacular. I hated the original recording. *puke*

multijd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Cactus Bob

Reaction score
I like and enjoy listening the King crimson-The Night Watch, it is from 70' but sounds so clean and high quality sound. The band is tight and precise in this performance, feeling like being there.
Love that one along with The Great Deceiver set . . . it has great sound quality also just like being there. I saw the '73-'74 Crimson 3 times some of my favorite concerts. When KC USA came out in '75 I was in heaven after seeing those shows!