FAVORITE PHOTO OF YOU DRUMMING/YOUR BAND?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of me playing with the two Bands I play with . The Kingfishers is a Rock/Pop Trio that is a ton of fun to play with . We have a huge catalogue and don’t do set lists so it flying by the seat of your pants every gig .
My other Band is The After Hours Big Band (suit pics ) - complete opposite to the Kingfishers gigs - reading charts and Classic Big Band Swing .

You may notice a lot of different kits - yep they were all mine at one time or another till the great drum purge . I do miss that Whitney Nesting Penguin Kit . Killer sound and so convenient and portable .

Attachments

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A while back back in the good ol' days

I've played there more than a few times.

Here I am at "The Altar Bar" down the street shortly after it opened in 1996 or 1997. (I was playing in an oldies band called, "The Classiques" at the time.)

1611121488270.png

Looking at this photo, I'm reminded of wanting to punch a singer. We all agreed on wearing black dockers and white banded collar shirts. Of course THAT singer wore a different color of pants so that we look like his backup band. He did it every gig, he would wear a different shirt or pants than agreed upon. The gentleman behind the congas sang lead on as many songs, but the guy in the center was a prima donna. I digress.

Last edited:

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've played there more than a few times.

Here I am at "The Altar Bar" down the street shortly after it opened in 1996 or 1997. (I was playing in an oldies band called, "The Classiques".

View attachment 480783

Looking at this photo, I'm reminded of wanting to punch a singer. We all agreed on wearing black dockers and white banded collar shirts. Of course THAT singer wore a different color of pants so that we look like his backup band. He did it every gig, he would wear a different shirt or pants than agreed upon. The gentleman behind the congas sang lead on as many songs, but the guy in the center was a prima donna. I digress.
One of several reasons why I've played only instrumental music for the last 33 years. Singers just aren't worth all the trouble.