FAVORITE PHOTO OF YOU DRUMMING/YOUR BAND?

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've played there more than a few times.

Here I am at "The Altar Bar" down the street shortly after it opened in 1996 or 1997. (I was playing in an oldies band called, "The Classiques".

View attachment 480783

Looking at this photo, I'm reminded of wanting to punch a singer. We all agreed on wearing black dockers and white banded collar shirts. Of course THAT singer wore a different color of pants so that we look like his backup band. He did it every gig, he would wear a different shirt or pants than agreed upon. The gentleman behind the congas sang lead on as many songs, but the guy in the center was a prima donna. I digress.
I call that suffering from LSD overdose, Lead Singer Disorder.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
December 2019, Monterey Museum. My band leader was taking a break and I was jamming with one of our student guitarists. She made a black and white photo. Gretsch stop sign 12 13 16. Vintage Black Beauty. Various cymbals. Large room with high ceilings. The little kit filled the entire place without microphones.....

20191209_225900.jpg

DaveLemonds

Reaction score
Pic on the left is from a video shoot of the artist I was touring with. Pic on the right is a concert I played in the same era in Chicago. DW gave me a beautiful kit to go out with. Sadly, I sold it a few years ago. BTW- I was touring with a 26" bass drum. It was a lot of fun to play.
Top view of kit.jpg
Touring- Chicago.jpg

Living Dead Drummer

Reaction score
The first one is from the night I got the nickname the “Living Dead Drummer,” playing at NAMM for Coffin Case’s 20th anniversary.

the 2nd is on tour with V2A, a European industrial band.

Attachments

Last edited:

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Why there is two Tama kits behind you?
It's just one, a double bass kit. Looks like they were opening for Ratt and they set up in front of the headliner's gear.