header.nohb.html

Favorite Rudd song on drums from AC/DC

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
I really like the entire "For Those About To Rock" album. Superbly recorded and great performances on every song from the entire band. I think it's some of Phil Rudd's very best work.

*Edit - "Whole Lotta Rosie" - almost forgot about that one. A true AC/DC classic and Rudd plays the heck out of that one.

nmosko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Stiff upper lip. Kinda tough because Rudd played the same thing for almost everything. Which is exactly what needed to be played and why he is a Mount Rushmore type of guy.

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
For those about to rock we salute you. The time and restraint is fantastic. So much conviction. I’m a fan. Rudd is wonderful.

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
God, do I love Phil Rudd! One of the very few people on this earth I'd let curse me out and love it the whole time.

Here are my favorite Phil moments:

"Bad Boy Boogie" live...not only is it AC/DC's best album cut, but he played that same exact simple background beat for 5 minutes straight flawlessly every time they did it while Angus did his little striptease moondance. I hope they bring it back for any new shows they might do. I love flash but discipline is so important.

"Let There Be Rock" of course.

His version of "Thunderstruck" from the No Bull video. In later tours he played the fills more like Chris Slade, but in that video he freelanced a little and IMHO his fills were way cooler. And as much as I love Chris Slade and have ever since I saw him do a solo on TV with Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Phil plays it noticeably more right for AC/DC.

"Rock And Roll Train"...a very easy song to lose your train of thought because of the odd bars and places where singing come in.

"Go Down"...sorry but nobody swings a loud hard rock shuffle like Phil.

"Whole Lotta Rosie"...another of course.

"Rock And Roll Damnation" because it's the first song I ever heard by AC/DC, and it should have been a monster hit.

Tarkus

Reaction score

It's not his typical groove. But listen how he makes Angus shine during solo. Many tribute acts fail on this one (or just leave it out).

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I really like the entire "For Those About To Rock" album. Superbly recorded and great performances on every song from the entire band. I think it's some of Phil Rudd's very best work.

*Edit - "Whole Lotta Rosie" - almost forgot about that one. A true AC/DC classic and Rudd plays the heck out of that one.
FTATR - as far as drums is concerned is BIB refined a bit. I love the space they leave around the drums in COD. That song has almost as much space as BIB.