Favorite rush song.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Spirit of Radio.
...a joyful enterprise and it captures the memory of me as a young person listening to music late in bed with my headphones, having my mind opened to music in general.

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
Favorite album, Moving Pictures. Favorite song, Limelight.

I remember an evening at a friend's apartment, tripping with blacklight poster, fishtank, lava lamp, and Moving pictures playing for hours on an 8-track cartridge. a memorable experience, particularly the Rush!

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Probably La Villa. By Tor and the Snow Dog is pretty awesome too.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I can't pick one but a couple favorite albums are Presto and Grace Under Pressure -

Tilter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Much of their catalog could be listed, but something about Subdivisions has always made it a standout for me.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You are correct, without that one we wouldn't have bravado, roll the bones, or dreamline.
Dreamline got me yesterday.

"When we are young
Wandering the face of the earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal
For a limited time"

nk126

Reaction score
Freewill, if I had to pick just one.

But, you know, all the others too ...

The entire Signals album for how it hit me as a kid growing up in suburbia, and the batshit drum parts that opened my brain up.

All of Exit Stage Left on the worn out cassette I wound up memorizing, I listened to it so much. Red Barchetta and Jacob’s Ladder and La Villa ...

Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Spirit of Radio, and whatever else my bands tried to cover over the years.

Between the Wheels is my “sleeper” favorite. Signature ride pattern and hi hat crossovers and off beat China hits. The drumming on that whole album is so tight and inventive. That tour was my first Rush show,
Glens Falls NY, thanks to my dad for taking me - he even enjoyed it!

Anthem. What a way to make an entrance.

Bravado with that simple, powerful left side floor tom.

2112. Obviously!

But we all know you can say those things - the drumming and orchestration and personal impact - about literally all of The Professor’s work. Such a gift that the recordings will be around forever!