Favorite weird or comical band.

lcondo123

Reaction score
I REALLY loved pretty much QOTSA’s entire 2000’s output, but Josh Homme just would NOT SHUT UP. One of those guys who’s the smartest guy he knows, and confuses that for being the smartest guy there is.

He can’t run his mouth enough to make “Little Sister” not a great song, though.
Josh and QotSA are my two biggest contemporary musical inspirations, I really think that anything Homme touches turns to gold. Buuuuuuut being a 6'4" ginger with an attitude can make you a bit of a prick sometimes, there's no doubt about that with him.

If you like Iggy Pop at all, check out their album they did together (with the drummer from the Arctic Monkeys, too!) in 2016 called Post Pop Depression. It takes a few spins, but the songs grow on you for sure. Since then, Homme's adapted a bit more of a Bowie-esque style of singing.

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
My faves are Zappa, Buckethead, Devo, Godley/Creme, and the Residents, based on how much of their music I listen to or have listened to.

Honestly haven't listened to as much Primus as I'd think I would dig. That sucks. I really love the Lennon Claypool Delirium Project.

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
My faves are Zappa, Buckethead, Devo, Godley/Creme, and the Residents, based on how much of their music I listen to or have listened to.

Honestly haven't listened to as much Primus as I'd think I would dig. That sucks. I really love the Lennon Claypool Delirium Project.
If you haven’t yet, Oysterhead is worth a listen. Claypool/Anastasio/Copeland.

Tufty

Reaction score
We all know that a lot of rock bands usually convey a more serious tone within their lyrics and music. So my question is what are some of your favorite bands whose lyrical or musical themes and moods are more of a comical or just straight up bizarre nature? 2 of my absolute favorites are Primus and an indie punk band I used to open for years ago called Pain. None of their songs were ever serious and with titles like Tommy the cat or bottlerocket war you know that its gonna be a fun listen.
Did anyone mention The Ruttles?
Sadly we lost Neil Innes (Ron Nasty) last year. Great funny band who could all play!!

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did anyone mention The Ruttles?
Sadly we lost Neil Innes (Ron Nasty) last year. Great funny band who could all play!!
I was just getting ready to mention that I hadn't seen anyone mention the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, Neil's first professional group. They are one of the best comical bands I can think of. The Rutles were born from the Bonzo's being associated with part of Python with a "children's" show called Do Not Adjust Your Set.

I love Neil and considered him among my friends. I was fortunate enough to do a tour with him in 2004 and I wear the title "Illinois Rutle" very proudly.

L300burn

Reaction score
Rush has a funny humor but "songwise" I go with Da WEIRD AL!!!

spaeth

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this really counts but I LOVE "Me First and The Gimme Gimmes".

Latest posts