Favorite youtube drum personalities.

Drm1979

Reaction score
So I whatch a lot of YouTube videos of drummers and have my favorites of course. My 3 top ones are Stephen Taylor, rdavidr and Harry Mirree. Who are some of your favorites? Whether it be for learning or just for fun?

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
The YouTube drummer the I have learned from more than anyone, by far, is Sasha K. I have learned and internalized pretty much everything he has put out. Great drummer, great feel, meter, touch, and a complete comprehension of all things drumming, then, matched with an ability to present that information to you in a way that is both easily understandable and digestible.

I’m hoping that he is a member here so that o can tell him how much he has helped my drumming.

He did a video on a Billy Cobham polyrhythm that both blew my mind and changed the way I look at the drums. Solid, solid dude.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I'd say Steve Maxwell, I'm usually interested in his content because he doesn't go out of his way to be funny, zany or overenthusiastic like so many of the younger ones do.

I also like some of Orlando Drummer's clips for the same reason.

The 80/20 drummer sometimes has topics I'll watch even though his stuff can be a bit dry and overly philosophical.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Of all of them out there, 80/20 gets the most views out of me.

JimmySticks

Reaction score
Rick Dior, he really puts out some nice jazz lessons that cover a lot of ground. His videos run long, but he has a warm personality, loads of experience and he holds your interest. The only problem is, he puts out to many videos to quickly and I can't keep up! :wacko:

And yes, Rob Brown and the Brooklyn hipster from 80/20 are both cool in very different ways.

Drm1979

Reaction score
The YouTube drummer the I have learned from more than anyone, by far, is Sasha K. I have learned and internalized pretty much everything he has put out. Great drummer, great feel, meter, touch, and a complete comprehension of all things drumming, then, matched with an ability to present that information to you in a way that is both easily understandable and digestible.

I’m hoping that he is a member here so that o can tell him how much he has helped my drumming.

He did a video on a Billy Cobham polyrhythm that both blew my mind and changed the way I look at the drums. Solid, solid dude.

I haven't seen this one yet. I'll have to look him up.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A lot of mine are already listed as well, but I pretty much get 100% of my viewing entertainment from You Tube and as far as drums and drummers go, I would say I stay pretty current with all of the following...

Rob Brown
rdavidr
Stephen Taylor
Carter McLean
Drumeo
Rickdior
DCP

Of course there are hundreds of more one off clips found and enjoyed while falling down the rabbit hole!

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bonzoleum because he posts here and seems like a good guy

Last edited:

Vicey

Reaction score
In addition to Sounds Like a Drum, Rob Brown, and Carter McLean, I've learned a lot of practical stuff from the Non-Glamorous Drummer. But Dave King is how I got the gig.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
I've been having fun watching EMCProductions. He's hilarious (in a weird way). He's mostly marching drums and he has CHOPS to back it up.

He covers all kinds of different things, although his main focus is marching drums. His "characters" he creates for some of his videos are an absolute riot!

He's a USMC President's own Drum & Bugle Corps Drummer:

I don't know how he pulls off some of his shtick while in the Marines. :laughing5:

Latest posts