Favorite youtube drum personalities.

marc3k

Reaction score
Sounds like a drum, Carter McLean, Rick Dior. Tim Metz is fantastic, but he doesn't post so much lately. Justin Varnes is also awesome, he puts a lot of effort into breaking down some nice licks!

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a drum, Carter McLean, Rick Dior. Tim Metz is fantastic, but he doesn't post so much lately. Justin Varnes is also awesome, he puts a lot of effort into breaking down some nice licks!
I'm a big fan of Justin Varne's videos.

nk126

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great thread - got a list of folks to check out now!

+1 on Beatdown Brown!

Different angle here - I like watching demos of different kits and love the way these guys play

Patrik Benek

Christopher Bounds II

Tanabata

Reaction score
Mostly I have a few youtube drummers that I watch for entertainment in not a good way, but I do like this guy's channel: I AM DRUMMER

Oh, and Tim Rowe........ he's just wonderful. I miss Paul Fasulo.

Last edited:

Rock Salad

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have facebook, Johnny Vidacovich has been posting a lot during lockdown too.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll admit that drum videos don’t interest me at all with the exception of Dave King and Rick Beato once in a while. Give me some music instead.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Everyone on YouTube talks too much. A year or two ago they changed their incentivizing metrics and suddenly everything shot up to 10 min +. For things you can read in 1-3 minutes. I loathe it. YouTube is great to watch entertaining short clips. It absolutely sucks at finding information. Like not just bad, it's criminal.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone on YouTube talks too much. A year or two ago they changed their incentivizing metrics and suddenly everything shot up to 10 min +. For things you can read in 1-3 minutes. I loathe it. YouTube is great to watch entertaining short clips. It absolutely sucks at finding information. Like not just bad, it's criminal.
I think your exaggerating a bit.

There are plenty of demo's with no talking at all and 5 minutes or less. And most of the ones with talk are from drum shops trying to sell drums. Some talk better than others for sure, but you can't blame them for chatting up their gear to help make a living.