Favourite Canadian drummers

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think some of the good and great Canadian drummers seem to fly under the radar.

I will start with a few names to get the ball rolling.

Neil Peart - Rush

Jerry Edmonton
- Steppenwolf

Garry Peterson
- The Guess Who

Graham Lea
r - Gino Vanelli, Santana. REO Speedwagon

Steve Negus - Saga

Randy Cooke
- Lee Aaron, Ringos All Star Band, Alanis Morissette, Dave Stewart,Five for Fighting, Kelly Clarkson, Hilary Duff, Smash Mouth, Natasha Bedingfield, Ian Gillan, Pointer Sisters, Colbie Caillat, Mick Jagger, Ashley Tisdale, David Archuleta, The Veronicas, K'naan, Mandy Moore, and Taylor Hicks and lots of session work.

Jerry Mercer
- Mashmakhan and April Wine.

Gil Moore - Triumph

Mark Kelso - http://groovydrums.com/about/resume/ played with many heavy hitters in all genres see resume.

Paul DeLong - Tom Scott, Domenic Troiano, David Blamires, Lawrence Gowan, Carlos Del Junco, Carol Welsman, Dave Restivo, Nick "Brownman" Ali, Colm Wilkinson, Doug Riley, Hilario Duran, David Clayton Thomas, Roger Hodgson

Paul Brochu - UZEB

Al Webster - Amanda Marshall, Colin James, Big Sugar, Zachary Richard, Long John Baldry, Jaco Pastorius, Robben Ford, Edgar Winter, Mavis Staples, Jim Belushi, Jeff Healey, Michelle Shocked Also on tours with Whitney Houston, Ja Rule, P. Diddy, Simply Red, Los Lobos, Lyle Lovett, B.B. King

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Gary McCracken - with Max Webster (who played with Neil
and Rush on the tune Battle Scar)

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Sloski - " Waiting For A Miracle " by Bruce Cockburn,to me, is possibly the deepest groove to ever come out of Canada .

Terry Clarke

Whitey Glann

Skip Prokop -

Bongo Congo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Fascinating list, with many fine musicians on it. I would never have thought of cataloging drummers by country-of-origin. It's an interesting "angle".

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
Mike Sloski - " Waiting For A Miracle " by Bruce Cockburn,to me, is possibly the deepest groove to ever come out of Canada .

Terry Clarke

Whitey Glann

Skip Prokop -

Right on Benny Skip was a monster in Lighthouse and I loved Sloski in Strangeness Beauty with Piltch and had the pleasure to see them on the same bill as UZEB. Sloski and Paul Brochu on the same bill two great players.