Favourite Cymbal company

What is your favourite Brand of cymbals

• Total voters
R

RickP

So what Manufacturer do you dig ?

Me, I am a Paiste guy - closely followed by Zildjian.

Uptheirons5150

Reaction score
I'm a Zilly guy. I've never really considered anything else, though I would probably choose something very different rather than a similar company. By this, I mean I would probably go with Paiste or Meinl rather than Sabian.

john14

Reaction score
Playing Sabian's for a long time... HH Manhattan Groove hats; 2 - 18" HH Manhattan Rides; and a 20" HHX Manhattan Jazz ride... I like them but I also think that I could be happy with similar weight/style Zildjians - Crescents - Istanbul Agops and so on... I like dark, thin cymbals!
We all have our preferences... when I started out it was Zildjian's - all A's from Drummer's Paradise in Toronto - later to Sabian AA's - now as I age - dark, thin cymbals - no hi-pitched pings!

DWplayer57

Reaction score
Paiste Signatures with Sabian HH being my second choice. Just love the sound of those Signature Fast crashes, took a long time to get here trying everything along the way.

RyanR

Underaged Curmudgeon
Reaction score
All Mehmet here. Started out as a fun experiment. Love them. Not too dark, not too bright.

Would like to get some Agop sig's..... and try some 2002/Giant Beat Paiste's someday.

-Ryan

Shuggadugga

Reaction score
Give me some Meinl Byzance jazz series pies any day and I'll be a happy drummer.

Sabian is a close second. Followed by UFIP and Agops.

MustangMick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Istanbul Agop - My main cymbals
Bosphoros (Not Crescent............)
Meinl (Huge range of cymbals and effects)
Zildjian (but only Ks from late 80s, early 90s)

Mick

VintageDrummer

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like Mehmet. I absolutely love old k istanbuls... And considering that Mehmet Tamdeger was the master builder in the K Istanbul factory back in the day I went with him.

bolweevil

DFO Master
Reaction score
Love me some Sabian, as well as Zildjians from the mid-80s or earlier, and the delicous K Istanbuls.

Formula428

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Zildjian, only because I prefer their crashes hands down. I'm all about Paiste and Sabian effects, chinas, splashes, and rides, though...

I'd love to get some nice UFIPs too...

bodinski

the Tingler
Reaction score
I've had a few really nice Masterwork pies & Supernaturals are pretty groovy too. Currently loving Paiste but haven't quite settle on the setup..

Rhino

Reaction score
I voted Zilly, I also love my Paiste 2002 HHs. I also like the Dream cymbals I have, but I wouldn't say every Dream cymbal hammered equally.....

...and let's not forget Wuhan lots of love for them too if only for their china's.

Too many things out there to smack on to be tied down to one brand!

Latest posts