header.nohb.html

Feb 25 update...I've unearthed about 5000+ drumsticks, NOS from the early 90's

mabdrums

Reaction score
Feb 25, 2018.
Hi Everyone!

You can read below for more info but I wanted to let everyone know I updated the inventory and made an easy to use website for the popular "lines"
https://www.freewebstore.org/pi-percussion-custom-drumsticks/Sticks/cat5415179_4141975.aspx

Where to begin?

I'll cut right to the chase...you may have seen a lot of the other posts about items I found with my stepfather from an estate of a drummer who was from PA.

The real gem of the find was a collection of drumsticks which look to be exact replicas of early Gretsch model sticks....among others. My stepdad measured each stick (circ. and diam.) and as an example he had determined that one of the lines was identical to the Art Blakey stick.

Please Note: The model numbers (i.e "Flexx#") appear to just be the branding this guy was attempting to create and really don't seem to mean anything except for being a reference for size. Same thing with the stick we deemed "Pi7A" etc. (Some "lines" of sticks were not engraved when we found them)

MODEL NUMBERS and SIZES:
Flexx 1 - .540, 17 1/8"
Flexx 2 - .530, 15 7/8"
Flexx 3 - .600, 16"
Flexx 6 - .600, 16 3/8"
Striker LTD (Dark Wood) - .630, 16"
Super Flexx 2 - .535, 16 7/8"
Pi5A - .570, 16"
Pi2B - .640 16"

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!!!

mabdrums

Reaction score
First question I anticipate so here goes.....

There are about 50 total different "lines" of these sticks. For example the "Flexx" goes from #1-15 or so.

I deliberately picked these an example because there were a lot of each of them. Some of these we found 500 pairs of....and then there's some varieties we found that we have found 3 pairs of....Crazy!

mabdrums

Reaction score
aaaaand check this out. A lot of the sticks in this video were also found too. Just some random pairs which have since been sold, but interesting nonetheless. Lots of identical sizes, tapers, engraving though....

Last edited by a moderator:

Freewill3

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do a Google search for Dave Iozzia and Pete Lavinger. These guys look like they have vast collections and may be able to shine some light on your find. Good luck!

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nick Moffo was the drummer and his sticks were amazing. I was a student of one of his students/friends and use to buy the "bitch hammers". Perfect sticks in the neighborhood of a long 5b. Great find.

mabdrums

Reaction score
Tmcfour said:
Nick Moffo was the drummer and his sticks were amazing. I was a student of one of his students/friends and use to buy the "bitch hammers". Perfect sticks in the neighborhood of a long 5b. Great find.

Absolutely....any insight from back in the day where he was buying these from??

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was pretty young, like 15 so that was 27 yrs ago. Sorry man, I just recognized the Striker Logo. If I can find anything from my old teacher (I ran into him at a drum shop where he was teaching so I may be able to track him down) I'll post it.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Aw, that's cool. I'm liking the look of those tapers which are just now as we speak becoming mainstream again; forgotten sound reemerge!

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In line with that thought, I was looking at a pair of 6As while picking up the last pair of AJ5s at a local store, and I could not help but notice that they seemed to be, at least tipwise, identical to the Jo Jones stick which was the proto barrel tip stick so I read on here.

slapstick

Reaction score
Feb 25, 2018.
Hi Everyone!

You can read below for more info but I wanted to let everyone know I updated the inventory and made an easy to use website for the popular "lines"
https://www.freewebstore.org/pi-percussion-custom-drumsticks/Sticks/cat5415179_4141975.aspx

Where to begin?

I'll cut right to the chase...you may have seen a lot of the other posts about items I found with my stepfather from an estate of a drummer who was from PA.

The real gem of the find was a collection of drumsticks which look to be exact replicas of early Gretsch model sticks....among others. My stepdad measured each stick (circ. and diam.) and as an example he had determined that one of the lines was identical to the Art Blakey stick.

Please Note: The model numbers (i.e "Flexx#") appear to just be the branding this guy was attempting to create and really don't seem to mean anything except for being a reference for size. Same thing with the stick we deemed "Pi7A" etc. (Some "lines" of sticks were not engraved when we found them)

MODEL NUMBERS and SIZES:
Flexx 1 - .540, 17 1/8"
Flexx 2 - .530, 15 7/8"
Flexx 3 - .600, 16"
Flexx 6 - .600, 16 3/8"
Striker LTD (Dark Wood) - .630, 16"
Super Flexx 2 - .535, 16 7/8"
Pi5A - .570, 16"
Pi2B - .640 16"

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!!!
hello do you have any of these sticks ---especially the flexx 3--- left ? thanks

franke

DFO Star
Reaction score
1669762713720.png