FedEx delivered my C&C kit to the wrong address! UPDATE: They found the kit but the bass drum is cracked

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I sold my kit to a friend on Facebook who lives in San Antonio, TX. The kit was insured for $2000 consisting of two boxes at 111 pounds and it was signed for. The address on the ticket is correct. Man, the buyer is upset. An investigation has been started. Thing is, the buyer sold his Yamaha RC kit to buy mine.

The story is unfolding...

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Thankfully everything is GPS tracked. My wife thinks someone signed for this huge package thinking it was their spouse. My wife does that all the time.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I had a not terribly expensive but more way more than I normally spend on a watch stolen when I had to ship it off for repairs. That took 3 months, then we moved and the new renters just kept it

Reactions: egw

Freewill3

Reaction score
Yikes! Sorry to hear. FedEx delivered my first ever Black Beauty to my next door neighbor. Hope it all works out!

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow I’d be pissed if that happened to me but it’s not your fault. However, same thing happened to me when I sold a cologne once On Ebay and the buyer wrote a nasty review for me, completely illogical...and after 2 days he received it and sent me messaged and apologized but the review couldn’t be deleted!

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The driver and customer service will try a package recovery tomorrow. I assume the kit was a high value item and they will not want to eat the cost so they will be aggressive. If they can’t recover it you have nothing to worry about since it was driver error. You will be reimbursed but that doesn’t help your buyer get his old kit back. I bet it’s resolved by noon tomorrow. I’m a delivery driver for a competitor and this happens more then one would think.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
It looks like the delivery person was a contracted driver, whatever the hell that means...

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
The driver and customer service will try a package recovery tomorrow. I assume the kit was a high value item and they will not want to eat the cost so they will be aggressive. If they can’t recover it you have nothing to worry about since it was driver error. You will be reimbursed but that doesn’t help your buyer get his old kit back. I bet it’s resolved by noon tomorrow. I’m a delivery driver for a competitor and this happens more then one would think.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
That stinks! I sold an expensive drone last year on eBay. FedEx supposedly delivered it to the right house and even got a signature. Then the buyer contacted me that he never got it and that the signature didn't match anyone in his house. In the end I filed a claim and FedEx paid me the cost of the drone and PayPal paid the buyer the amount that he had paid for the sale. What saved everything was me paying for insurance + paying to require a signature. Two very important things to pay for on high value transactions. You insured it so it will be fine and I'm sure they will track the kit. I've never sold anything on FB so I don't know what protections exist for both parties.

dingaling

Reaction score
When I finally found a teardrop bop kit to buy, I was at work when I got a notice on my phone saying it was delivered. Which is impossible as I live in a multi unit building in NY and no doorman. So I rushed home like I was filming a fast and furious movie. And there it was, stacked in 3 boxes on the exterior of the building next to the garbage cans in a very populated area in Brooklyn. For about 30 mins anyone could of just helped themselves to one of the rarest kits in the world. Crazy stuff.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
It looks like the delivery person was a contracted driver, whatever the hell that means...
To you it means nothing. They're still responsible. They're trying to imply because it was a contractor, well, we're somehow slightly less responsible for their actions.

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
When I finally found a teardrop bop kit to buy, I was at work when I got a notice on my phone saying it was delivered. Which is impossible as I live in a multi unit building in NY and no doorman. So I rushed home like I was filming a fast and furious movie. And there it was, stacked in 3 boxes on the exterior of the building next to the garbage cans in a very populated area in Brooklyn. For about 30 mins anyone could of just helped themselves to one of the rarest kits in the world. Crazy stuff.
Why I often arrange for packages to be held at a shipper location for me to pick up. Especially after having a 5 box set of drums left in the driveway in the rain.

gmiller598

Reaction score
I bought my Classic Maple in December from a Sam Ash in CT. Even though my order contained my correct address, my email address was linked to an account created 15 years ago and had an address of an apartment I lived at that time. They shipped it to my old address. When I got my delivery notification and it wasn't delivered to my house I flipped out. I worked from home that day in order to receive it. When I finally got in touch with the store and they confirmed for me the address it was shipped to I ended up driving over there and basically "stealing" it off of the front porch. Whoever lived there probably never knew it was delivered there. If they had actually received it and denied it, we would have had a good bit of trouble to deal with. I'm glad I was able to get it because I wouldn't have been able to find a replacement kit like it for the deal I got on it.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I sold my kit to a friend on Facebook who lives in San Antonio, TX. The kit was insured for $2000 consisting of two boxes at 111 pounds and it was signed for. The address on the ticket is correct. Man, the buyer is upset. An investigation has been started. Thing is, the buyer sold his Yamaha RC kit to buy mine.

The story is unfolding...
Man, that is my worst nightmare when shipping. At least you insured it, but I know it's still an unbelievable hassle to straighten out. I really hope they find the set.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Why I often arrange for packages to be held at a shipper location for me to pick up. Especially after having a 5 box set of drums left in the driveway in the rain.
When my kit shipped last month from Ludwig, I called the freight company while it was in transit. Told them to hold it at their terminal for me to pickup. For high value items, it's definitely the best thing to do. I'm expecting a tom this week from Ludwig that was shipped via UPS and a tom holder from INDE shipped via FedEx. I've already scheduled with UPS & FedEx so I can pick them up in person at their respective stations.

Last edited:

Latest posts