FedEx delivered my C&C kit to the wrong address! UPDATE: They found the kit but the bass drum is cracked

supershifter2

DFO Star
Reaction score
All Fedex drivers a contractors. Fedex dropped my 1973 Hiwatt DR405 400 watt head over the 6 foot high fence. The road case saved it. Fedex , Ups , post office have done a few delivery for me. Both as the sender and receiver. A frend got Fedexed last year. I got Fedexed big time last year. It went to several addresses before I got it.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought a Yamaha Club Custom kit from a forum member a few years ago . I was tracking the shipment through Canada Post . I saw the drum set was “Out for Delivery” .
I looked out my door and saw The Postal Worker putting Mail in the mailboxes down the street . I checked the tracking again and it said “ Delivered “ . I confronted the letter carrier and asked where my package was . She said that it was too heavy for her and she did not want to deliver it !! I informed her that she has marked it delivered and it was not . She replied that it was delivered to the Postal Office and that I could go pick it up myself . I did pick up the kit from the Postal Office and then filed a formal complaint against the letter carrier .

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Guess, at least, the company is still around and it's not a vintage drum that isn't replaceable. Guessing C & C could sell you a or the buyer a new shell and you could swap out the hardware.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I believe not all FedEx drivers are contract drivers. I think it's only FedEx Ground/Home delivery. The FedEx express drivers are actually FeEx employees. The ground guys just work for whomever owns the truck & route. I think that's the way it works. I get FedEx ground stuff all the time and the guy never knocks and throws the package wherever with no care at all. At least the UPS guy is usually the same person and he at least knocks and leaves my stuff in an inconspicuous spot in the front of the house. Anyways, sorry for the derailing. Back to talking about Dan's C&C kit!

shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Damn. That's quite a dent in that box and the drum. Sorry to see that.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dan, that's terrible. I'm so sorry to see that. i hope C&C has a new one out to you soon.

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last year around this time, I had several boxes carelessly dropped on their edges, damaging the cymbals inside. These companies don't give a s**t. Their proces are so high that a few insurance claims won't hurt them, meanwhile your possibly one-of-a-kind item is damaged, possibly beyond repair. A pox on all of them. I've had every major carrier damage and/or destroy my stuff.

I hope they do take care of you.

Dan

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not double boxed as likely per their website? Had a recent shipment to England from USA and the package arrived with a 7" indent on ONE WHOLE SIDE EDGE. It looked like a truck backed into it against the loading dock. They said not packaged well enough. Not sure how that would have helped to be 2" double boxed when the damage was 7" deep.

Hope you have better luck than I did. If you had FedEx do the packing, they don't have an recourse except to make it right.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry this happened Dan. Please keep us updated. Perhaps there is something we can learn from your experience.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought a Yamaha Club Custom kit from a forum member a few years ago . I was tracking the shipment through Canada Post . I saw the drum set was “Out for Delivery” .
I looked out my door and saw The Postal Worker putting Mail in the mailboxes down the street . I checked the tracking again and it said “ Delivered “ . I confronted the letter carrier and asked where my package was . She said that it was too heavy for her and she did not want to deliver it !! I informed her that she has marked it delivered and it was not . She replied that it was delivered to the Postal Office and that I could go pick it up myself . I did pick up the kit from the Postal Office and then filed a formal complaint against the letter carrier .
“she did not want to deliver it”

Dems be fighting words. You wouldn’t have left the property nir the street before you would deliver those boxes to my door step.

What a ****

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this was from a friend who used to work for UPS, or maybe it was something I read somewhere, marking "fragile" on a box is like a challenge to some delivery employees. Like a "do not touch" sign makes us want to touch something we'd have ignored without the sign, "fragile" tempts some of them to throw or drop packages they'd have otherwise treated with more care. I'd never thought of it before, but it makes a weird kind of sense to me.

I do hope you get a fast and satisfactory resolution. The stress of that must be terrible for both buyer and seller.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Devils advocate here. And the devil says that while some delivery personnel may be careless, most likely aren't because they'd like to keep their jobs. Packages can shift around and fall from heights, and heavy, large things dependent on a single person, in the last miles sense, are sometimes dropped because people are tired and it's heavy and they're rushed. You know, human beings gonna human being.

As to postal carriers delivering what amounts to freight, if you basically know when a large, heavy item will arrive at your home, maybe be on the lookout and help the carrier out. Imagine you're an average sized female mail carrier and a 2 or 3 ft. square box of 30-40lbs is loaded into the back of your little jeepy mail van, you look at the address and it's street parking with a dozen steps up. That's not exactly cause for celebration.

Other than that, the more often you ship big heavy things the more the god of odds is tempted.

/ Devil

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think this was from a friend who used to work for UPS, or maybe it was something I read somewhere, marking "fragile" on a box is like a challenge to some delivery employees. Like a "do not touch" sign makes us want to touch something we'd have ignored without the sign, "fragile" tempts some of them to throw or drop packages they'd have otherwise treated with more care. I'd never thought of it before, but it makes a weird kind of sense to me.

I do hope you get a fast and satisfactory resolution. The stress of that must be terrible for both buyer and seller.
Yeah, I think there's truth to this.

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow I’d be pissed if that happened to me but it’s not your fault. However, same thing happened to me when I sold a cologne once On Ebay and the buyer wrote a nasty review for me, completely illogical...and after 2 days he received it and sent me messaged and apologized but the review couldn’t be deleted!
People can be such jackasses.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have used FedEx for most of my shipping. I do try to use lots of bubble wrap and other filler material to make sure the things inside can not shift around even under hard shaking. When I have shipped a couple drum sets I try to get the drums to "float" inside the boxes by at least an inch or 2 and I do double layer the sides of the bass drum box with more cardboard. It's a PITA to do but so far things have been okay on my shipments. I have received probably 3 or 4 bass drums in my time that are either cracked, severely dented or have other damage that I can not fix at home so I try to package stuff up so well that the delivery people could beat the box up with a bat and the stuff inside would be okay.