FedEx delivered my C&C kit to the wrong address! UPDATE: They found the kit but the bass drum is cracked

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
This is the reason why I now use Greyhound Bus for shipping kits around the USA. They are about 1/4 of the price of UPS and FedEx and much gentler with the boxes.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Everyone reuses boxes for perfectly good reasons. That doesn't change Fedex's stated policy, and it's their right to deny claims on shipments not in compliance. It's no different in principle than PayPal refusing to deal with a customer who takes the friends & family route to bypass the vig.

Perhaps related, perhaps not, but if you pack an item in a used box and take it to Fedex they should never sell you insurance in the first place. But I do see a potential problem in the making when you conduct a transaction online and buy insurance. That's all I'll say on it.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Everyone reuses boxes for perfectly good reasons. That doesn't change Fedex's stated policy, and it's their right to deny claims on shipments not in compliance. It's no different in principle than PayPal refusing to deal with a customer who takes the friends & family route to bypass the vig.

Perhaps related, perhaps not, but if you pack an item in a used box and take it to Fedex they should never sell you insurance in the first place. But I do see a potential problem in the making when you conduct a transaction online and buy insurance. That's all I'll say on it.
I will reiterate, I purchased the boxes new at FedEx and have the receipts. I did cut the 28x28x28 to 28x28x22. Claim documentation has been submitted and the wait begins.

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Did you not see where he used brand new boxes ?

Latest posts