Fibes/Corder butt plate

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Kind of a long shot here but does anyone have a spare Fibes style snare butt? It's an unusual design that bolts onto the two lugs adjacent to to snare bed. I have an old Corders snare I want to revitalize. It's complete except for the Fibes style snare mechanism. I can use the existing holes from the original throw off for a different throw without any drilling but would have to drill to add a butt and would prefer not to if'n I can find the right part. Not a huge deal if I do have to drill but worth asking about first. It's a ten lug drum so it would need to be the correct butt for that spacing ( I think nearly all of them are).

Let me know if you have one floating around and what you want for it. I could have bought a whole Fibes snare with a busted handle on the SFT a few years back for $25 but I already had one so why would I want it?...now I know.

fibes3

Reaction score
KO
I thought a saw a strainer and butt plate on Ebay and Reverb recently.

Good luck.

Dave

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
KO
I thought a saw a strainer and butt plate on Ebay and Reverb recently.

Good luck.

Dave
A google search turned up a butt on Reverb from a while back. It was for an 8 lug drum so it probably wouldn't have worked and it was expensive (and already sold anyway). Nothing pops up on ebay in either current or completed auctions but they only go back a couple months. An SFT strainer and a butt together would no doubt be way more than I'm willing to spend on this particular drum. Like I said probably a long shot but worth asking here. I have two Fibes snare drums, one is COF which had both the SFT and the butt replaced with other parts before I got it (still sounds great) and the other is a crystallite model which is all intact...but will stay that way. I might be able to make something that would work on the same principle but I'm not overly concerned with this Corder snare being perfect. I've had it for about ten years or so and figured I should get it up and running. I have an extra INDe butt that requires just a single hole. If I have to go that route I'll use something like that for minimal modification.

fibes3

Reaction score
A google search turned up a butt on Reverb from a while back. It was for an 8 lug drum so it probably wouldn't have worked and it was expensive (and already sold anyway). Nothing pops up on ebay in either current or completed auctions but they only go back a couple months. An SFT strainer and a butt together would no doubt be way more than I'm willing to spend on this particular drum. Like I said probably a long shot but worth asking here. I have two Fibes snare drums, one is COF which had both the SFT and the butt replaced with other parts before I got it (still sounds great) and the other is a crystallite model which is all intact...but will stay that way. I might be able to make something that would work on the same principle but I'm not overly concerned with this Corder snare being perfect. I've had it for about ten years or so and figured I should get it up and running. I have an extra INDe butt that requires just a single hole. If I have to go that route I'll use something like that for minimal modification.
I went through the same thing you are now going through when I refurbished a Fibes snare a few years ago.
I don't have your patience and ended up getting an RCK strainer and butt plate and they work great.

Good luck in your search.

Don't be shy about posting photos. I always enjoy Fibes photos....even the non fiberglass ones!

Cheers.

Dave

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bump, One last try before I get the drill out...

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Kind of a long shot here but does anyone have a spare Fibes style snare butt? It's an unusual design that bolts onto the two lugs adjacent to to snare bed. I have an old Corders snare I want to revitalize. It's complete except for the Fibes style snare mechanism. I can use the existing holes from the original throw off for a different throw without any drilling but would have to drill to add a butt and would prefer not to if'n I can find the right part. Not a huge deal if I do have to drill but worth asking about first. It's a ten lug drum so it would need to be the correct butt for that spacing ( I think nearly all of them are).

Let me know if you have one floating around and what you want for it. I could have bought a whole Fibes snare with a busted handle on the SFT a few years back for $25 but I already had one so why would I want it?...now I know.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'll think about it. A bit short on cash at the moment.

Latest posts