Reaction score

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Spectacular !! sooooo .... how much ?

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
They look like they're in great shape. So give it up---What did you pay for them?
$80 with some hollow logo hats and ride and two Rogers Big R stands. The guy went on and on about how cool Fibes drums were and he had several other kits and needed to sell these. He knew what they were and just wanted them gone.

I also got a Camber crash and a bunch of generic hardware thrown in that I already sold for .....$80

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A-i-e-e-e!!!

Not even my thing, but great to see you get such a deal on a well-preserved example of American drum manufacture that will now most likely remain in the hands of someone who appreciates the company's heritage.

Last edited:

fibes3

Reaction score
$80.00? Beautiful looking kit.

Well done sir!

levelpebble

Reaction score
You've got to wonder why an educated seller would go to the effort of selling that lot for $80. Most of us would still buy-separate-and-flip if he asked $400. I guess he was trying to attract the non-collector crowd. But its good for them to be in the right hands.

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
You've got to wonder why an educated seller would go to the effort of selling that lot for $80. Most of us would still buy-separate-and-flip if he asked $400. I guess he was trying to attract the non-collector crowd. But its good for them to be in the right hands.
It was a huge house and an absolutely giant garage sale. It had actually been going on fit two days and I happen to see it on marketplace with a picture of the kit. He could have sold them for a lot more. I think they were just trying to get rid of stuff.

On a side note another buyer showed up as I was putting them in my car.

Last edited:

Ron_M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'll tell you why; because in some areas, it's almost impossible to get rid of gear, even if you just about give it away. If the right person sees it, sure, but it's not always so simple.

Latest posts