Filling holes

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
I love love love that mount. Even the look.

Edit 3:02 est
Just got done spending some quality time with the 12". It sings as great as ever. Beautiful warm tone with plenty of ring and overtones!

Bottom line is PDC does amazing work.

Last edited:

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful kit!
In my experience it doesn't matter that you use a hardwood dowel if you have wrap going over it anyway. But I'm anal and equally concerned about what the plugged holes look like on the interior of the shell, and often times will use tapered plugs with the face grain on the interior of a natural shell when going with a wrap on the exterior.
I'm curious as to what Precision did, if anything, to make the interior of the repair blend in with the rest of the shell.
Any chance you have pictures of the interior?

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for taking the time to make a video of the interior. Much appreciated.

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yw. Im 100% player not a collector so the interior is 100% fine with me just as it is.

The drum sounds warm and open and singing...

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Watson loves me no matter what I do. Man's best friend. He is very non-judgmental :D

Reactions: JDA

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I always filled with tapered maple plugs and then sanded down.
That's what I do. If the hole is larger than what my tapered plug cutters will make I turn one on my wood lathe. Once sanded down smooth on both sides they look professional. Precision's job gets the job done but I would not feel OK putting out that sort of work.

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's what I do. If the hole is larger than what my tapered plug cutters will make I turn one on my wood lathe. Once sanded down smooth on both sides they look professional. Precision's job gets the job done but I would not feel OK putting out that sort of work.
I think precision did it flawlessly. Im a little confused by your comment.

What part dont you like about the finished product?

My musician friends couldnt even see the filled holes until I showed them up close

Latest posts