Finally finished the Kents

Drum Play

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My first restoration project.. I made a few rookie mistakes. but i'm proud of them. kent.jpg

67Mopar

God Speed Jerry
Reaction score
try taking some more pics, these diddnt come out but from what I can see they look nice.

Drum Play

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
delmar has one..i'm not sure if i will get it because i probally wont use it. i tried playing them with the tom mounted on the bd..but its too far left for me so i'll just mount it on a stand. and yes they are two ply maple

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Those look really nice. That's a cool wrap choice for those and I like the white bass drum hoops. I had some Kents (a 12" tom and a 22" bass drum) in Red Sparkle. I used them as part of a set for band practices for a couple of years and then ended up giving them away to a kid who was just starting out. I kind of wish I had kept them as they sounded really good.

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
They look great. It's a big job, redoing a whole set, but can definitely be worth it. Interesting choice of wrap & hoops. What's that wrap called?.....marko

Drum Play

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
white oyster from precission drum.. at first i thought the white hoops would look crazy but they work.

rpludwig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
well done!!!

like the wrap and the hoops! get a straight cymbal arm for a splash centered on the bass and deal with the other mount to your liking...nice work! How are/were the bearing edges? sizes 12/15/20??

ENJOY!

Ron

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey...you did a wonderful job on those drums. I am not a fan of Kent Drums, but yours look really, really nice and white hoops look great. A friend of mine did his in Gold.

White oyster pearl is a really great looking wrap. Great job all around.

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
They look great! Been at least 30 yrs since I've played a set of Kent's. Might have to track some down....

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Drum Play said:
how do i add more pics??
beautiful drums. well done. I those are very classy!

you can add pics exactly the way you did the first now. now just got in and edit. choose full editor I think. you can add pics there just the same as before.

mike

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes, those really came out great. That white wrap looks SO classy and nice. And the Blue Kent badges really look good against them. WELL DONE !!

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice looking kit! There's a set on CL around here for pretty cheap... maybe Ill check them out...

robbie

Reaction score
Nice job. I have a soft spot in my heart for Kents - the first set I ever owned

enjoy 'em...they look sweet

Too Many Drums - NAH!

Reaction score
The "rookie mistakes" you made are certainly not obvious to me. All I see is a kit that was lovingly restored by someone who truly cherishes them. They're beautiful and turned out great; you should be proud. Thanks for sharing and enjoy them.

I'd love to play them and hear how they sound. I can imagine it's amazing. Nothing better than a vintage drum set that looks and sounds great. Nice job; you should be proud of the excellent results.

Tom

Saladdaze

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great job, Drum Play! Are you going to gig with these? What's your next project? You know you can't stop after the first one...