Finally found a 60’s Slingerland Bop kit to buy

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Glaze that's a stunning kit with tons of rare mojo. In the big picture whatever price you paid they're worth. I've payed the same vintage and sizes with a mahogany finish and they sounded great. Single ply heads all around and you'll have the sound they were built for.
If your'e going to gig them get some cases obviously. Congrats!

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The kit is hopefully de germed by now, and in position. Tacked down a few inches of inlay, buffed out the chrome with a Cape Cod cloth, and put everything back in place. They had coated Ambassadors on the toms, and a Weatherking coated Classic on the BD batter. First tuning attempt is pretty good. Will keep fiddling with them over a few days. Looks like all new washers on the rods.
Think I should find vintage washers ?
Using my BDP Hollywood Ace as a snare, and a 60’s Slingerland pedal.
May put the 12” on a small basket snare stand? The rail mount is in good shape, but not my favorite.
Liked the 69 Aluminum Swivomatic better on my last Bop Kit
Thanks everyone for chiming in. Knowing me, they’ll be on the market in a year or so ???

Attachments

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The kit is hopefully de germed by now, and in position. Tacked down a few inches of inlay, buffed out the chrome with a Cape Cod cloth, and put everything back in place. They had coated Ambassadors on the toms, and a Weatherking coated Classic on the BD batter. First tuning attempt is pretty good. Will keep fiddling with them over a few days. Looks like all new washers on the rods.
Think I should find vintage washers ?
Using my BDP Hollywood Ace as a snare, and a 60’s Slingerland pedal.
May put the 12” on a small basket snare stand? The rail mount is in good shape, but not my favorite.
Liked the 69 Aluminum Swivomatic better on my last Bop Kit
Thanks everyone for chiming in. Knowing me, they’ll be on the market in a year or so ???
Congrats glaze148, beautiful set. I guess I'll be keeping mine!

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That there's a super cool kit that you'll love for years. If I saw those set up in a club I'd order another drink just to see who plays em. The BD is 14 deep right?

Bijan

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Saw those when they popped up. That color and configuration certainly ups the value big time.

Latest posts