Finally FOUND !!! Thanks bluejacketsfan!!!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
You will have better luck finding a six fingered piano player, if afraid. That 3000 line just didn't survive as well as other lines have and they weren't really around that long. That was Paiste's version of the new Coke...doh!

bonzoleum

BONZOLEUM
Reaction score
Treviso1 said:
That was Paiste's version of the new Coke...doh!
Damn fine description! And both happened in 1986!

Nacci I'll find you a pair of those if it kills me.

Atlantaskins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Treviso1 said:
You will have better luck finding a six fingered piano player, if afraid. That 3000 line just didn't survive as well as other lines have and they weren't really around that long. That was Paiste's version of the new Coke...doh!
Hahahahaha! Your right, finding a pair has been a quest. I found a pair on Craigslist a while back but the fella didn't want to ship. I was disappointed but understood. Oh well the quest continues!

Jdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A little late. I just sold a pair this fall. Nice hats. I like the slightly heavier 3000 SE bottom at times over the SE 2002's, so I found another orphan 3000 SE bottom that I swap in and out with different tops.

Atlantaskins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Jdrum said:
A little late. I just sold a pair this fall. Nice hats. I like the slightly heavier 3000 SE bottom at times over the SE 2002's, so I found another orphan 3000 SE bottom that I swap in and out with different tops.
Story of my life. A day late and a dollar short. Yeah, I prefer the 3000's to the 2002 also. Did you sell them on Craigslist? The fella I contacted was in the northeast and they were for sale back in the fall, but they didn't want to ship. Sucked for me but I understood. The quest continues!!

bonzoleum

BONZOLEUM
Reaction score
Atlantaskins said:
If you find two, let me know!

Of course-sorry I thought this was Nacci's thread.

Atlantaskins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bonzoleum said:

It's all good. I think Nacci is looking for just a bottom? He actually sent me a guys name who offered him a set on Facebook. But the guy has never responded.

bonzoleum

BONZOLEUM
Reaction score
Atlantaskins said:
It's all good. I think Nacci is looking for just a bottom? He actually sent me a guys name who offered him a set on Facebook. But the guy has never responded.

Keep your eye on EBay.UK

Jdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Atlantaskins said:
Story of my life. A day late and a dollar short. Yeah, I prefer the 3000's to the 2002 also. Did you sell them on Craigslist? The fella I contacted was in the northeast and they were for sale back in the fall, but they didn't want to ship. Sucked for me but I understood. The quest continues!!
Nope. That wasn't me. I'll keep my eyes peeled also.

Atlantaskins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Jdrum said:
Nope. That wasn't me. I'll keep my eyes peeled also.

Cool. Thanks for the help!

Atlantaskins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bonzoleum said:

Keep your eye on EBay.UK

Funny you mentioned that. There was a seller in the last month auction off about 20 brand new unused 3000 on eBay England. Even had a pair of 15 heavy hats, 18 flat ride, 19 thin crash, etc.,etc. A few I've looked for, but the shipping was cost prohibited. I watched them all but they went for some good bucks. Heck, I thought it was one of the few who even like 3000's. Watching those auctions boy was I wrong. Thanks bonzoleum. Oh by the way I dig your YouTube videos!

HeavyG

Reaction score
Good luck in your search. I'm a big fan of the 3000's too, I bought a full set brand new back in the late 80's and still have a couple of rides that I use regularly. Unfortunately my top hi hat cymbal cracked, but I'd someday like to find a replacement to go with the bottom hat that has been collecting dust ever since. I have a buddy who has a set of 15" 3000 hats that I've been trying to talk him out of, but he's had them for many years and loves them dearly so I don't think it's ever gonna happen.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a set eventually, they're out there.

Atlantaskins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
HeavyG said:
Good luck in your search. I'm a big fan of the 3000's too, I bought a full set brand new back in the late 80's and still have a couple of rides that I use regularly. Unfortunately my top hi hat cymbal cracked, but I'd someday like to find a replacement to go with the bottom hat that has been collecting dust ever since. I have a buddy who has a set of 15" 3000 hats that I've been trying to talk him out of, but he's had them for many years and loves them dearly so I don't think it's ever gonna happen.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a set eventually, they're out there.
I run into that also. "Oh yeah, I got a pair. BUT they are not for sell". So the search continues.