header.nohb.html

Finally, my compilation video of all my kits, all in one video

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Very cool video Dan.. Are all the bass drums the same size?
Never mind just saw you have one 20". Just the one 14 floor with the rest being16"?

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Very cool video Dan.. Are all the bass drums the same size?
Never mind just saw you have one 20". Just the one 14 floor with the rest being16"?
Thanks man. Yup, all 16” FT’s except for the Stage Custom. I have 14’s for a few of the kits but I’m not using them much. I keep them as shell packs. I have 14’s for the AHM’s, CC’s, and the JM’s.

Stephen.DeBoard

Reaction score
Fun video! I appreciate the time you took to put this all together. All of your drums sound "amazing". I'm sensing you feel the most creative playing the Yamaha Club Customs. Could they be the one? Also, you mentioned you're a Ludwig guy with no Ludwig kit currently. Hmmm.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Hey Stephen,
Just a timing thing. I've had them all. Two Legacy kits of recent, many Classic Maple's, old vintage kits. My first kit ever was a Ludwig blue sparkle 20, 13, 16 with a Supersensitive snare. I had very supportive parents. So, thank you!
Regarding the CC's, I love them but I wouldn't say they're "the" ones. I filmed the nine kits or a period of two weeks, four of them in one day. And it was a re-do since the first video I shot and released of the CC's had audio issues. It was a project for sure.

Thank you for watching the whole thing. I've got more down the pike hopefully.
My first band with me on the right.
WoM1967.jpg

Sequimite

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Dan. Very interesting. You've confirmed my one regret in selling a kit, Rogers, 8x12, 9x13, 14x14, 16x16, 14x20 with matching canister throne.

Some great sounds. The Stage Custom is the lesser of the nine, but a very nice set in its own right. Hard to choose a favorite.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Thanks, Dan. Very interesting. You've confirmed my one regret in selling a kit, Rogers, 8x12, 9x13, 14x14, 16x16, 14x20 with matching canister throne.

Some great sounds. The Stage Custom is the lesser of the nine, but a very nice set in its own right. Hard to choose a favorite.
There’s just something about the Tama’s . Like I said, butter!

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching this video it confirms what I have been feeling, that with similar heads and tuning drums are drums.
The only drums that sounded different were the stage customs, and different in a good way.
Maybe it’s my damaged ears but all those kits sound the same.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
After watching this video it confirms what I have been feeling, that with similar heads and tuning drums are drums.
The only drums that sounded different were the stage customs, and different in a good way.
Maybe it’s my damaged ears but all those kits sound the same.
I agree with you. Still, not a bad thing IMHO.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was very cool and much appreciated that it's only 17 minutes long! You must have deaf and/or very tolerate neighbors!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
The later. They love it! I always text them to let them know I’m going to be making noise. My neighbor behind comes over with a glass of wine and watches…

David Hunter

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey Stephen,
Just a timing thing. I've had them all. Two Legacy kits of recent, many Classic Maple's, old vintage kits. My first kit ever was a Ludwig blue sparkle 20, 13, 16 with a Supersensitive snare. I had very supportive parents. So, thank you!
Regarding the CC's, I love them but I wouldn't say they're "the" ones. I filmed the nine kits or a period of two weeks, four of them in one day. And it was a re-do since the first video I shot and released of the CC's had audio issues. It was a project for sure.

Thank you for watching the whole thing. I've got more down the pike hopefully.
My first band with me on the right.
View attachment 603880
Great pic, Dan! Couldn't resist cleaning it up a bit.

WoM1967n.jpg