Finally nailed Black Oyster Pearl

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
At some point would it be possible to shoot photos of this kit in different lighting? There's a subtle bluish/purple hue coming through on my computer screen, which I attribute to lighting and not the actual finish. This seems to be one of the most difficult wraps to accurately reproduce, especially for the coveted 60's era, so I'm excited to see that you're giving this a try.

CompactDrums

Reaction score
cochlea said:
At some point would it be possible to shoot photos of this kit in different lighting? There's a subtle bluish/purple hue coming through on my computer screen, which I attribute to lighting and not the actual finish. This seems to be one of the most difficult wraps to accurately reproduce, especially for the coveted 60's era, so I'm excited to see that you're giving this a try.
Unfortunately I already sold the kit. You are correct though, the purple-ish hue in the darker areas is due due lighting. In real life the black is just that... black...

john14

Reaction score
You are on the right track for sure... you just need to put large classic lugs over that beautiful finish!

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks great...I only wish I had a drum that needed covering!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Gorgeous! Any chance you could take a pic of just the wrap in better light? I want to see the white sparkle in good light....thanks....

CompactDrums

Reaction score
JazzDrumGuy said:
Gorgeous! Any chance you could take a pic of just the wrap in better light? I want to see the white sparkle in good light....thanks....
I will try to remember to do that the next time I make some.

pedro navahas

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are your wraps one off?
I was checking out the sparkles and it looked like yours has a smaller chip, more like a vintage 40's early 50's wrap.
I need some gold sparkle to match a up a kit. Can you pm me??
Thanks
Peter

CompactDrums

Reaction score
pedro navahas said:
Are your wraps one off?
I was checking out the sparkles and it looked like yours has a smaller chip, more like a vintage 40's early 50's wrap.
I need some gold sparkle to match a up a kit. Can you pm me??
Thanks
Peter
I'm not sure what you mean by "One off"...

I replied to your pm.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
you wouldn't have a picture of yours next to the 'original' would you.
I have a 16x16 i need to match with some w/a's.
thx

CompactDrums

Reaction score
dtk said:
you wouldn't have a picture of yours next to the 'original' would you.
I have a 16x16 i need to match with some w/a's.
thx
I don't sorry... As you may be aware of the "original" came in a quite a few varieties... Some variances in color and more noticebly in the "pattern density"

Samples are available to order on the website. We can also alter both the color and scale to better match an existing kit.