Finally, The 10 Best Drum Brands of 2020!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this is overdue since it's getting late in the year, but we can now consider The Best Drum Brands of 2020 brought to us from the folks over at Portsmouth Drum Company -- who, you have to say, ought to know.

Since we know that people whose drum brand has been scorned will resort to the scurrilous tactic of attacking the methodology and the criteria, it's good that PDC provided a pretty detailed description of both, summing it up as a presentation of "ten brands that we feel have made a name for themselves in the drumming industry." I think we can agree that's highly authoritative and essentially inarguable as this is a group that spends the biggest part of their work day in a space containing many types of drums.

There are additional details and video on the website, but I'll jump to the heart of the matter, the Ten Best Drum Brands of 2020:

10. British Drum Company

9. Noble & Cooley

8. Canopus

7. Gretsch

6. Ludwig

5. Pearl

4. Sonor

3. Yamaha

2. DW

1. Tama

TPC

Reaction score
Yea!!! My brand won!!!

(Sure, I play a set from 1982 and the shells and hardware of which have zero in common with any current offerings, and anyone who played those drums when new are so arthritic that they can't even hold a drum stick, let alone play a convincing five-stroke roll, but still ... my team won!!!!!!!)

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, this is overdue since it's getting late in the year, but we can now consider The Best Drum Brands of 2020 brought to us from the folks over at Portsmouth Drum Company -- who, you have to say, ought to know.

Since we know that people whose drum brand has been scorned will resort to the scurrilous tactic of attacking the methodology and the criteria, it's good that PDC provided a pretty detailed description of both, summing it up as a presentation of "ten brands that we feel have made a name for themselves in the drumming industry." I think we can agree that's highly authoritative and essentially inarguable as this is a group that spends the biggest part of their work day in a space containing many types of drums.

There are additional details and video on the website, but I'll jump to the heart of the matter, the Ten Best Drum Brands of 2020:

10. British Drum Company

9. Noble & Cooley

8. Canopus

7. Gretsch

6. Ludwig

5. Pearl

4. Sonor

3. Yamaha

2. DW

1. Tama

Doesn’t seem to reconcile with this:

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
Right off the bat:

BBF28AE9-1DED-455C-A2C8-1E1231A68BFA.jpeg

384DE5B1-3181-491B-A7BD-5680D1D50B90.jpeg

Also not sure how they can list the industry standard “hardware and cymbals not included” as a con.

Last edited: