First gig with my “newest” Rogers kit

sptucker

Reaction score
First gig out with my recently acquired and re-furbed Dayton/Fullerton kit. Also first-ever gig with a 20" kick (always been a 22"). As expected, the toms and snare were awesome, but the 20 was a real eye-opener and sounded killer with no port or laundry in it.

Anyway, I'm super happy with it. Here's a gratuitous pic; please ignore the old guy behind the kit, but do take note of the aluminum Yamaha cymbal and snare stands, as well as the Drum Butler if you can find it in the picture. I highly recommend both!

IMG_7983.jpg

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats! I’ve got a red sparkle Dave Clark Londoner with a 20” too. For years I looked (unsuccessfully) for a 22”BD for it but realized the 20” was amazing and I love it. Beautiful drums, you may never need anything else-EVER.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I too have a Roger 20" Holiday and like you said, the thing punches. I've played other 20's no none have sounded like this one. Congrats!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great looking kit! The first Rogers kit I ever saw, back in the 60's, was red sparkle! My avatar is my 1966 Headliner...with 20" bass drum that sounds fantastic!

-Mark

sptucker

Reaction score
A couple added bonuses:
The 20 is easier to load and unload.
My mounted toms are lower and at a flatter angle.

I'm sold! Now I "just" need a 20" green sparkle 3-ply Ludwig and a 20" champagne sparkle Dayton Rogers for my other vintage giggers... ;-)

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Can you mount that center splash off the cymbal stand to the right to do away with that non-lightweight stand? And what snare did you use?