First Gig With New Quartet

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty derned happy with this. These lads are a real treat to play with. Andrew Dorsett on Wurlitzer, Elliott Turner on guitar, Cooper Schlegel on bass.

'64 Super Classic kit made a rare excursion out of the living room for this occasion. Snare is unknown MIJ that came with cast hoops. More soon.

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty derned happy with this. These lads are a real treat to play with. Andrew Dorsett on Wurlitzer, Elliott Turner on guitar, Cooper Schlegel on bass.

'64 Super Classic kit made a rare excursion out of the living room for this occasion. Snare is unknown MIJ that came with cast hoops. More soon.

Dood! Yer a wild man on Caravan!

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing but mad respect from me... outstanding job, I enjoyed every second of all three vids!

onacarom

Reaction score

These viideos have reminded me of other times, good times of course, with respect to live music. I miss that environment in my life. I liked them a lot.
Mora

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the kind words. It's very encouraging especially when it comes from the drum brethren and sisteren. It ain't easy playing "dead" music in Seattle's grittier little step-child down the road. :)

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the vibe in that venue and the band sounds killer!!
It's pretty cool that they salvaged a bunch of stuff from a 1960s bowling alley that was closing. Stage back wall is made from the lane flooring. :)

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It's pretty cool that they salvaged a bunch of stuff from a 1960s bowling alley that was closing. Stage back wall is made from the lane flooring. :)
Not familiar with the club, I was about to ask if you were set up on a bowling lane. :happy2:

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Dude! You have a great touch, sound and feel! Kudos for everything. This new quartet sure is a cohesive unit. And the vids sound awesome for what I'm assuming are cell phones vids. Although I was shocked at how quiet your drums were, because you know, silver sparkle is supposed to make em louder, ain't it? ;)

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude! You have a great touch, sound and feel! Kudos for everything. This new quartet sure is a cohesive unit. And the vids sound awesome for what I'm assuming are cell phones vids. Although I was shocked at how quiet your drums were, because you know, silver sparkle is supposed to make em louder, ain't it? ;)
Thanks so much! Taming the silver sparkle is definitely the most difficult task!