Floor tom brackets with 2-1/4" spacing

Gliderflyer

Reaction score
I've been looking for floor tom brackets for my 14" Camco floor tom and have just about given up.

At this point I'd be happy with decent looking non-originals but I'm finding that floor tom brackets with 2-1/4" spacing simply don't exist. I've checked all the usual places I know of and have come up empty. The only thing I've found is a Yamaha bracket and I'm not real fond of the look. Does anyone out there have any other options to consider aside from hogging out the holes on the drum?

Thanks!
Randy

dexter74

Reaction score
Steve Maxwell has gretsch type repos that fit any hole spacing, as they're two separate components. They look snazzy, too. Though the mounting screws are undersized, imo. I replaced them with bolts.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Maxwells are prob the best bet for a vintage look. You can also use the Inde suspension brackets, with their adjustable spacing, but of course the look might be too different.

Gliderflyer

Reaction score
I considered the Indé mounts but for 2-1/4" it requires the large size. I really like the small ones but the large ones are just too obtrusive looking for me. I even thought of getting a small one and seeing if I could dremel the slot out a bit to stretch it to 2-1/4".

Those Maxwell Gretsch ones might be the ticket and they're not too expensive so I can continue my quest for affordable originals, an oxymoron I know, but one can hope!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Please don't damage your original Camco's! This is what I found:

1) Vintage Slingy mounts are 2 1/4" - tough to find.
2) Premier also made 2 1/4" FT leg mounts......also probably tough to find.
3) Jammin Sam has ones that are 2 3/8" (yes 1/8" short) and IF you decide to enlarge your holes, this will work - again, don't do it!

For the price you will pay for 1 or 2 above, I suggest you get a cradle for now.
These run about $60-$80, do NOT require any damage to your shell, and actually work great. I have them on a 12x14 DW collectors FT and a 12x14 Gretsch USA (neither of which have FT brackets)....this one is a link and has FT legs, too:

kb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hmm, seems like there would be a way to attach a mount to a plate, which is then attached to the drum.....

....and by the way, my Camco floor toms used to slip quit a bit....

Gliderflyer

Reaction score
I contacted them and they didn't say what spacing it was but that it was not 2-1/4"

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here you go! Just took off one of my #590 brackets from my 1967 Slingerland floor tom. Center-to-center distance is 2-1/4". I'm a bit dumbfounded that Maxwell's says it is not 2-1/4"! These Slingerland brackets will look great on your Camco tom and keep that vintage vibe!

They are currently for sale on eBay... HERE

Part of the text reads:
"This bracket works with the period correct 9.5mm legs and the bracket fits the existing holes perfectly." Honestly, how can they NOT know it's 2-1/4"?!!

-Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

Gliderflyer

Reaction score
I had emailed Maxwell yesterday and told them I was wanting to know if their repro Slingy lugs were 2.25" so I could use them on my Camco floor tom which is 2.25". Their entire response which came in mere minutes was, "won't fit Camco."

I just called the Chicago store and he measured one and as you have already generously verified they are the right size. Looks like that's the way I'll be going and from 10 feet away no one will know the difference. I might even put a set on my second floor tom to match. My only other hope was some Geo Way brackets if they would fit and match but my attempts to contact Ronn have gone unanswered as of yet. I had seen those Yamaha parts but just too modern looking for me.

Thanks for the help guys.
Randy

Last edited:

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Randy!

Sounds like your decision to use the Slingerland brackets is a good one. I just found these Camco brackets on eBay... HERE

Talk about pricey $$$!!

Just realized they are the gold brackets. Never mind!

-Mark

Gliderflyer

Reaction score
I saw those gold ones as well. Yikes. I got the Maxwell brackets and new legs ordered today. My one up, two down dreams are about to be fulfilled.

Last edited:

Gliderflyer

Reaction score
To update the thread, I got the Slingy repro floor tom brackets from Maxwell yesterday and they are a perfect fit to my Camco floor tom. Even the screw bosses are exactly the right size to fit into the existing holes for a nice snug fit. And they look great to boot!

Thanks again for the advice.

Randy

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
To update the thread, I got the Slingy repro floor tom brackets from Maxwell yesterday and they are a perfect fit to my Camco floor tom. Even the screw bosses are exactly the right size to fit into the existing holes for a nice snug fit. And they look great to boot!

Thanks again for the advice.

Randy
Hi Randy! Thanks for the update! And, very glad to hear that the Slingerland brackets fit perfectly into the existing holes. Can you post some pictures?

Oh yeah, and I'd also give Maxwell a call to let them know that the Slingerland brackets are a perfect fit for missing Camco brackets. Seems they were pretty adamant about them not fitting Camco!

-Mark

Gliderflyer

Reaction score
I didn't get any pics of the inside but here's some of the exterior. Generic Gibraltar legs but I'm more than happy with how it turned out. I did email Maxwell to let them know and their reply was "excellent." They don't seem to waste words in emails but I'm sure stoked that they make these available.

Randy