Floor tom lost in mail!! Update

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well I order a champagne sparkle shell through eBay, along with rims and mounts and legs from elsewhere. I received the FT legs, mounts and rims promptly, but now the courrier service has lost the box with the drum. They told me last night that I have to go back through eBay for a reimbursement.....Who has has this happen and what is the best way to go about it?
This really sucks as now, even if I get reimbursed I am still stuck with the FT legs, mounts and rims for a 15" drum.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well I order a champagne sparkle shell through eBay, along with rims and mounts and legs from elsewhere. I received the FT legs, mounts and rims promptly, but now the courrier service has lost the box with the drum. They told me last night that I have to go back through eBay for a reimbursement.....Who has has this happen and what is the best way to go about it?
This really sucks as now, even if I get reimbursed I am still stuck with the FT legs, mounts and rims for a 15" drum.
Well that really sucks the big one. Can't do much to help except comiserate. It hasn't happened to me, I would be livid if it did.

Rivot

Reaction score
What a bummer I fell sorry for ya mate is there any chance it might of gone to another adress if so you might be lucky and get it returned cross ya fingers mate.

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long has it been lost? What does the tracking status say?

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Old me would have burnt up the internet excoriating over it. Now, I would just buckle down, add pressure to the carrier and hope for the best.

I hope this has a happy ending.

little rock

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Haven't lost anything yet, but USPS is world's worst in delays. With me, anything coming from the West is always delayed, anything coming from the East is always on time or early. Got a set of hats that was supposed to arrive today, got to the PO yesterday. Came from WI.

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
How long ago did you order it? I've shipped literally thousands of items through UPS/USPS/FedEx. Not one has gotten completely lost. Give it some time.

premierplayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
USPS, I always thought it was just our PO
Guess not

Good luck with your FT. Did you get tracking info? Can you tell where it went missing?
If it dosen't show, return the other parts. Just don't let the return window close. Most vendors have at least a 30 day cut off on returns.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had this same thing happen to me years ago when I bought a pork pie throne from eBay. I received the top part and the base was missing given the giant hole in the box. I traced the tracking and called every place it stopped at until a lady was kind enough to find it and ship it to me. This has since led me to wrap everything I ship in packing tape all the way around the box. Every side, corner, seem all of it. It might be over kill but I would hate for some one to go through what I did. Specially if it was coming from me.

I would try tracing the tracking and calling the stops. Best of luck.

Reaction score
I have this with now with UPS.

So done with buying overseas because if this.

They try not to pay at all, and stall for months.

This is the best online parcel tracker:

cashmanbashman

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was Intelcom, which is the company that does deliveries for Amazon & eBay purchases on this end. So no, not UPS USPS or Fedex.
Yeah that’s even worse. Get on the seller and if you are lucky it is sitting on a dock with a missing label. The seller is Intelcoms customer so they will want to deal with the seller especially for claims purposes. If the seller refunds you and it turns up shortly later (this happens) you can re send the funds. I stress that this is the seller’s problem. You are not Intelcoms customer even though you paid for the shipping.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently bought a cymbal on ebay. Shipper shipped promptly via usps. Was shown or tracking and then after the missed target arrival date, the box stopped being tracked. After 10 days, the seller put in a trace. The next day the box was found and was delivered in a few days.

Ian S

Island Time
Reaction score
I'd contact the seller and ask them to help, as they should be responsible and can get much more accomplished than you can with the shipping trace as cashmanbashman said above.

Best of luck, and hope with a little more time the package will find its way.