Holy cow, how does a package
THAT BIG get lost!
If that were to happen to me
I'd go bat-rageously insane!
Hope it turns up asap! :icon_e_surprised:

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't say it would be a good update....So I tried a melting pot of everyones advice: be patient, don't go insane, contact the seller, leave a paper trail, open a case with eBay & learn Intelcom's calling waiting music off by heart, practice singing counter-melodies, harmonise it & talk to yet another person there. Intelcom's tracking info keeps saying it was delivered & eBays tracking info keeps updating with supposed delivery attempts at times that I was at home. Including 'Unable to Deliver' 2 hours in the future. Does Intelcom own a DeLorean? As of tomorrow it will be a week since I wrote the seller & I guess this is where eBay intervenes & makes me jump through other challenging steps toward reimbursement. Sure, I have a smidgen of hope that this drum will magically appear at my door but I've got no more venom left to fuel my anger over the situation.
How long ago did you place the order?
Apr 28

Last edited:

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say it would be a good update....So I tried a melting pot of everyones advice: be patient, don't go insane, contact the seller, leave a paper trail, open a case with eBay & learn Intelcom's calling waiting music off by heart, practice singing counter-melodies, harmonise it & talk to yet another person there. Intelcom's tracking info keeps saying it was delivered & eBays tracking info keeps updating with supposed delivery attempts at times that I was at home. Including 'Unable to Deliver' 2 hours in the future. Does Intelcom own a DeLorean? As of tomorrow it will be a week since I wrote the seller & I guess this is where eBay intervenes & makes me jump through other challenging steps toward reimbursement. Sure, I have a smidgen of hope that this drum will magically appear at my door but I've got no more venom left to fuel my anger over the situation.

Apr 28
I thinik you are getting good advice. Contact Intelcom and ask them to open an inquiry/investigation on this case. Check this out at Intelcom's site under FAQ...see "I can't find my package "..it says there should be a delivery confirmation photo sent to you by email. You can have Intelcom check to see when they sent that photo to you. It also says that you can contact the merchant who sold you the item and they can send you a delivery confirmation photo. If they cannot provide a delivery confirmation photo then it wasn't delivered and they have to investigate.
I have had Intelcom deliver to me as well as I am in Canada but had no problems up to now....maybe I am jinxing myselt :D
Good luck Andy!

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Apr 28

Maybe I missed some of the finer details here....but could it have been delivered and stolen? If so, ask your neighbors if any of them have cameras that may have caught anything? Sorry Bro!

Reactions: DBT

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Maybe I missed some of the finer details here....but could it have been delivered and stolen? If so, ask your neighbors if any of them have cameras that may have caught anything? Sorry Bro!

Or delivered to a similar address? That's happened to me. We're on an east street but we've had deliveries make it to a similar address on the west side. If they claim they made a delivery do they have a picture of the delivery?

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Or delivered to a similar address? That's happened to me. We're on an east street but we've had deliveries make it to a similar address on the west side. If they claim they made a delivery do they have a picture of the delivery?
I didn't think of that but yeah, about twice a year I receive letters that are wrongly adressed. But then all bets are off. There could be a sttreet named just like yours, 1 town over. It happens sometimes in metropolitan areas.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Who assumes the risk during delivery, the buyer or seller?

I don't always insure things I've sold but I did on a $900 cymbal pack I sold a while back. I didn't read the whole thread so I'm not sure this was covered.

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ya check for a similiar address that has happen to me before as well with a book I ordered

DBT

Reaction score
Who assumes the risk during delivery, the buyer or seller?

I don't always insure things I've sold but I did on a $900 cymbal pack I sold a while back. I didn't read the whole thread so I'm not sure this was covered.
I was thinking the same thing . I would think it’s on the seller till it can be proven it was delivered . Always signed receipt over a certain amount .

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A nice slingerland I bought off a member here was sent to blank loop instead of blank avenue last year. Luckily they were helpful people at that address

Last edited:

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I thinik you are getting good advice. Contact Intelcom and ask them to open an inquiry/investigation on this case. Check this out at Intelcom's site under FAQ...see "I can't find my package "..it says there should be a delivery confirmation photo sent to you by email. You can have Intelcom check to see when they sent that photo to you. It also says that you can contact the merchant who sold you the item and they can send you a delivery confirmation photo. If they cannot provide a delivery confirmation photo then it wasn't delivered and they have to investigate.
I have had Intelcom deliver to me as well as I am in Canada but had no problems up to now....maybe I am jinxing myselt :D
Good luck Andy!
THat is the thing. There was no delivery pic sent with the email from Intelcom, only a copy of the delivery guy's signature.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
THat is the thing. There was no delivery pic sent with the email from Intelcom, only a copy of the delivery guy's signature.
Uuugggh! I hate that, the POD simply show's the delivery guys sig? What in the world is that suppose to prove? Oh, that's right, it's designed to prove nothing instead creating a nice area of ambiguity around a lost package. "Yes sir, we looked into your claim and we have unrefutably proof that we had a guy working that day who signed John Smith on your order" "What does that prove? I just told you Sir, a driver signed a name on our clipboard... gee whiz, what more do you want from us?"

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a full refund from eBay last night. The drum seems to have been shipped to Toronto, which is about a 10 hour drive from here, but no one can confirm & Intelcom wouldn't admit their mistake. Oh well.....
You may still get the drum delivered to you after they figure it out.... glad you got your refund.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
I got a full refund from eBay last night. The drum seems to have been shipped to Toronto, which is about a 10 hour drive from here, but no one can confirm & Intelcom wouldn't admit their mistake. Oh well.....
I have seen so many times where the delivery driver will just ask for your last name when you grab the package and you remember that the package required a signature! Pure silliness.

Glad you got a refund.