header.nohb.html

Floor tom lost in mail!! Updated Again!

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I sent a package to a place I was staying on vacation. I sent it through Fed Ex and never got it. Fed Ex kept saying it was delivered and I kept complaining that I never got it. A few days before vacation ended, the box showed up. I had given Fed Ex the correct address and the correct address was even on the label. A delivery driver wrote the house number in black sharpie and mixed up two numbers. The package sat at an empty house until someone there figured out what happened. Hope your drum shows up!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Anybody else think there's a force in the universe -- or some sort of cosmic joke on us -- that sends packages through a wormhole or another dimension from time to time?

It may be the same force that creates the situation where you can 100% remember putting two matching socks in the washing machine, but there's only one there when the wash cycle is over.

Similarly, I'm bedeviled by -- let's call it a malevolent, oppositional energy -- that prevents any technology from working for me the first time. So-called plug-and-play tools never function as they should for me -- forcing me to get someone else (not afflicted by this negative force field) to put their hands on the phone or computer or random piece of equipment to make it actually work.

Yes, I know many people just aren't open to explanations involving the supernatural, but the regularity with which DFOers encounter impossible-to-explain situations involving large boxes in transit is enough to make me believe that vicious gremlins are tormenting us from within our package delivery systems.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I feel you on the lost and damaged package thing. AGAIN today Fedex has lost the 24" Paiste Big Beat I ordered. 3 weeks ago they lost a 22" Emad, two months before that they lost an Ipad charger. None of which they ever found.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I feel you on the lost and damaged package thing. AGAIN today Fedex has lost the 24" Paiste Big Beat I ordered. 3 weeks ago they lost a 22" Emad, two months before that they lost an Ipad charger. None of which they ever found.
Is it reasonable to at least ask....is this stuff being stolen along the way by employees? Money is tight and people with bad habits will do almost anything these days for easy cash????

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, life is funny sometimes....I didn't get the initial drum in this thread, but a few hours ago I won this puppy, a pretty pristine 14x14! Yeah, it was more than I'd have paid for the other project one, but more desirable too. I'm now one 12x8 away from owning a complete Champagne Sparkle Downbeat along with it's Super Classic big bro. I hope to he## there'll be no funny business delivering this one....
PS: Sorry to anyone who was betting! I sniped this literally at the last second. I've never seen eBay take almost 30 seconds to decide who won the bet!

s-l1600.jpeg
s-l16004.jpeg

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well, life is funny sometimes....I didn't get the initial drum in this thread, but a few hours ago I won this puppy, a pretty pristine 14x14! Yeah, it was more than I'd have paid for the other project one, but more desirable too. I'm now one 12x8 away from owning a complete Champagne Sparkle Downbeat along with it's Super Classic big bro. I hope to he## there'll be no funny business delivering this one....
PS: Sorry to anyone who was betting! I sniped this literally at the last second. I've never seen eBay take almost 30 seconds to decide who won the bet!

View attachment 572073 View attachment 572074
Super duper happy for you!! I'll keep my fingers crossed...