Flying Colors. Never heard of them. Where have I been?

Mabel3Thumbs

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them! Very cool. Thank you for introducing me to the group. Why don’t more people know about these guys? What a find.

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
Great song, really nice vocal harmonies. Portnoy was a bit too busy for my taste but he's a hell of a player, I'm sure he knows better than I do.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They weren't on my radar either, they are now. That was well done in a lot of ways, I really enjoyed it.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I'm a huge Dixie Dregs fan and had no idea about this new band formation. Thanks for posting!
Me too. I'm a huge fan of Steve and Neal Morse which is what sucked me in. Neal basically was Spock's Beard for the first few albums. Then he found religion (literally) and left the band.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What! Flying Colours has been around since 2012 and has 9 albums out! What do you guys mean not on your radar? Okay if you like Prog, Fusion or Prog Metal etc, put this site on your favs and check in from time to time. The have a section of upcoming releases and can help you stay abreast of what’s happening. There’s other sites I can recommend too for Jazz and Prog as well, but this one has more accurate dates info for staying up on what’s what. Here’s the site: https://www.proggnosis.com/

Vintage Old School

Reaction score
Okay if you like Prog, Fusion or Prog Metal etc, put this site on your favs and check in from time to time. The have a section of upcoming releases and can help you stay abreast of what’s happening. There’s other sites I can recommend too for Jazz and Prog as well, but this one has more accurate dates info for staying up on what’s what. Here’s the site: https://www.proggnosis.com/
Thanks for the resource!

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great song, really nice vocal harmonies. Portnoy was a bit too busy for my taste but he's a hell of a player, I'm sure he knows better than I do.
That's Portnoy's version of pocket playing.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect anything else from MP. He's enjoying himself. Man, I love this band!