Foo Fighters, Tina Turner inducted into the RnR HOF

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The RnR HOF is a total joke IMO but still newsworthy.

The Go Go's... Artists that were nominated but not inducted this year include Iron Maiden and... The NY Dolls.

View attachment 499513

I will stay conspicuously quiet except I am a Tina Turner fan.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pay so little attention to this stuff, that I had no idea they had categories like "Early Influence" and "Musical Excellence".

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until Thin Lizzy is inducted, I will not set foot in the state of Ohio.

I remember the last time I was there ... Browns game ... Parked in the stadium lot ... Because I had a couple of extra tickets, I left them there under my car's wiper blade. After the game, there were 9 tickets there.

Iron Maiden is certainly the best among the nominees, but I understand, Maiden isn't "cool like The Go-Gos."

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you can get into the RRHF just for having a handful or two of heavy rotation songs and huge sales? Rhetorical question of continued disbelief that it happens every time.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the J Geils Band. They have been up a few times and still nothing. It's ridiculous.
I should look beyond the hit(s) at them. I admit to only really knowing Centerfold but heard a little bit of some other stuff that sounded good.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tina Turner, yes.
Foo Fighters, no. Out of all the albums and material, they have about half a dozen songs that I like or like a little bit.
I pondered the same thing. I'm not going to suggest they're deserving or not but I think there are a few artists that should be there before them.

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Foo Fighters are just a post Nirvana band. I don’t get them and they need to be around another 30 years before they can even sniff being in the RNRHOF. Of course the concept was ruined with Madonna going in, anyway.

Get off my lawn as I need to yell at a cloud!

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Until Thin Lizzy is inducted, I will not set foot in the state of Ohio.

I remember the last time I was there ... Browns game ... Parked in the stadium lot ... Because I had a couple of extra tickets, I left them there under my car's wiper blade. After the game, there were 9 tickets there.

Iron Maiden is certainly the best among the nominees, but I understand, Maiden isn't "cool like The Go-Gos."
Ten thumbs up!!!!!
Also I bet you’re glad you didn’t leave any banjo’s or accordions on the back seat.....
bt