Footage from My Cars tribute band gig

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Joe Milliken wrote a book about Ben Orr, Called "Lets Go!" And the Cleveland based Cars tribute band, Moving in Stereo (who I sometimes sub for) Was asked to play after the book signing event. Both the keyboardist and the drummer were tied up with other stuff so it was pretty nerve racking to play in front of a packed house with two replacement members.. But we rehearsed a LOT and it ended up sounding pretty great

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The Cars are not on my list of favorite bands, but you guys did a bang-up performance of their material. Sounded really good. Thanks for posting.

GeeDeeEmm

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Cars are not on my list of favorite bands, but you guys did a bang-up performance of their material. Sounded really good. Thanks for posting.

GeeDeeEmm
They weren’t always my favorite, either.. but as I started to learn the material, it really grew on me more and more

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Enjoyed all four songs. Very nice!

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
And Here's "Touch and Go"... The drums and bass are in 5/4 during the verse, While the rest of the guys are playing in 4.. and the whole band goes into 4/4 during the chorus.. Cool tune!

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
And Here's "Touch and Go"... The drums and bass are in 5/4 during the verse, While the rest of the guys are playing in 4.. and the whole band goes into 4/4 during the chorus.. Cool tune!

We play a few tunes like that with the different meters happening. Not on purpose of course, and it can happen on random songs without warning so it's always a thrill...

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Really good. I'd love to play in a Cars trib band. Your vocalists really have it. Consider me impressed!

Sneauman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like it a lot, I've been a Cars fan since the 70's, but I'm old, so there's that. :-D

Latest posts