For all you Tama guys.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
chris_dw_drums said:
Tama has a couple of things in the works. Jan 14th I will visit our supplier here and will know more :icon_smile:
Murat, please tell them the Star series could benefit (in my opinion) from an option for a tom holder on the bass drum.
The Star Series shells are much too thin for that. Im certain Tama feels structurally it would compromise the drums.

That has been Tama's position every time I asked :) I am sure they can find a way around it but I am not sure if they want to mess with a good thing.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
chris_dw_drums said:
Tama has a couple of things in the works. Jan 14th I will visit our supplier here and will know more :icon_smile:
Murat, please tell them the Star series could benefit (in my opinion) from an option for a tom holder on the bass drum.
The Star Series shells are much too thin for that. Im certain Tama feels structurally it would compromise the drums.

Could very well be the case for the Star Maple, though obviously Simon Phillips makes it work (he may have the mounts installed on his own).

However, I'd think the straight 6mm Star Walnut BD shells would be up to the task of accommodating a tom holder.

The new Japanese Sen Indigo Burst looks like a nice addition to the Walnut series if it becomes generally available.

Star-SenIndigoBurst.jpg

Vanhalen1984

Reaction score
Maybe they are pulling a Mapex Black Panther move????

First they had the SLP series of snares and now they are going to follow them up with limited run kits possibly? Mapex has done this with 4 or 5 of their Black Panther series drums.

They have a wood hoop kit in the same darkened room style shot on their FB page that looks a lot like the SLP wood hoop snare they currently offer.

Just my guess.

Attachments

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Vintage type thing? 4 pc sets? Looks like 14" deep kick. Intrigued.