For Charlie Watts

MarkB

Reaction score
Friends,

After watching the John DeChristopher Live From My Drum Room with Donn Bennett, I decided to pay respect with the drum key on top of my top tom. It’s a great way to show respect. No tattoo needed. Charlie was a good man and he was loved. One can’t ask for more of a legacy than that. Be well.

Attachments

• PXL_20220704_185812434.jpg
    PXL_20220704_185812434.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

cribbon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Friends,

After watching the John DeChristopher Live From My Drum Room with Donn Bennett, I decided to pay respect with the drum key on top of my top tom. It’s a great way to show respect. No tattoo needed. Charlie was a good man and he was loved. One can’t ask for more of a legacy than that. Be well.
How do you keep it from rattling? I used to keep one on my floor tom when I was just starting out but soon quit because the rattling drove me nuts.

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you keep it from rattling? I used to keep one on my floor tom when I was just starting out but soon quit because the rattling drove me nuts.
A little bit of duct tape either inside the key or on the tension rod itself. I've had one on my rack tom since I saw "Ladies & Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones" in 1974. I use a Gretsch key and rattle isn't an issue. But I'd put up with a little rattle for Charlie :)

mebeatee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

All part the sound.....a sizzle cymbal, a rattle tom...get ‘em while they’re hot and before they have an app or a plug in for that....
Just think of the new quibble bait.....how many grams does your key weigh, a Ludwig key vs a Tama key on a Gretsch drum and the inherent fundamental rattle tone, best method of damping the rattle...
One could rattle these off all day....
Anyway to the OP....very nice subtle gesture!!!!
bt